THE top of the table clash in Division One of the Fastpack Ltd York Sunday Morning League proved to be a largely one-sided affair as Wigginton Grasshoppers ran riot at neighbours Haxby Town, winning 9-1.

A 12th-minute penalty opened the scoring with Josh Luckhurst converting. Kain Rogerson doubled the lead three minutes later, finishing after nice work from George Brown down the left-hand side.

Midway through the half, Wiggy struck twice in three minutes with Brown and Clapham assisting each other to make it 4-0 at the break.

Haxby pressed from the off in the second period and were rewarded via an Adam Chaplin goal which made it 4-1 and restored some hope.

However, a second half hat-trick from Liam Robertson, allied with further goals from Brown and John Cavanagh, rounded off a convincing victory for the Mill Lane side.

Hounds and Malt Shovel shared ten goals between them in an action-packed 5-5 draw at the Bowling Green. Gary Collier (2) and Ryan Sedman struck for Hounds, whose tally was completed by a brace of Malt Shovel own goals.

Bishopthorpe CFC defeated Bramham by 9-4 as the three top flight games saw a massive 33 goals between them.

Walnut Tree continue to lead division two following a 5-3 home success over Burton Leonard. Sam Cowley, Rob Forrester, Diego Perdisci, Connor Watson and Alfie Witter struck for the league leaders with Matthew Wild (2) and Kristian Young replied.

A hat-trick for Peter Henton gave FC Pollington a 3-2 win over second-placed Thorpe United Blues.

Third-placed K-Town also suffered their first set back of the season, going down by five goals to three at home to Wills Bar. Harvey Townley (2), Robbie Butler, Finlay Tumman and Stephen Kerr found the net for the victorious Malton side.

FC Dracula collected their second win of the season with an 8-2 success over York Medics.

Dylan Howlett made the score sheet for Clock House in a 1-1 draw at Pollington Predators.

Tom Spencer and Nathan Lister hit the target for Selby Olympia as their side chalked up a 2-1 home win over Rawcliffe United.

Meanwhile, in the York FA Senior Cup, holders Dringhouses edged a seven-goal thriller 4-3 against Rawcliffe.

Dringhouses led the game for the majority of the match but they had to wait until George Brown’s last-minute long-range strike to seal their progression.

Elsewhere, Wigginton Grasshoppers made it through the second round after easing past Cliffe 3-0.

Neale Holmes put Wiggy ahead on 30 minutes before further second-half strikes from Max Bauer and Sam Gough.