A FLURRY of goals early in the second half saw Thorpe United take the spoils in the big game of the day in the York Minster Engineering League premier division.

The Selby side put four past Old Malton St Mary’s in a 15-minute spell to decide the contest with Harry Brigham (2), James Barrett and Mike Braithwaite all striking for Thorpe to seal a 4-2 victory.

Thorpe move up to 10 points and sit level with Wigginton Grasshoppers at the summit of the table.

Wigginton were made to fight all of the way by a resilient Poppleton side.

Both teams carved out chances in a fairly even first half, but it was the visitors who finished the stronger.

A long ball from George Foster-Vigors found Gary Newton, who fired Wiggy ahead in the 57th minute before Josh Luckhurst headed home a Jamie Green cross to secure a 2-0 win a quarter of an hour later.

Tadcaster Magnets remain unbeaten after collecting their third draw in four games with a 3-3 share-all with visitors Huntington Rovers.

Chris Dyson and George Wilson were on the score sheet for Rovers, whose tally was completed by an own goal.

Dan Ward hit a hat-trick for Kirkbymoorside in their clash with Easingwold Town. Nobody else managed to get on target with the 3-0 win moving the Moorsiders into a more comfortable mid-table position.

The duel between the two newly-promoted teams, Rawcliffe and Strensall Tigers, proved to be a fiery affair with the referee’s cards seeing plenty of use.

Isaac Clark netted for the away side but goals from Luke Hall and Jordan Bean, along with a penalty from goalkeeper Michael Clancy, saw Rawcliffe gain a 3-1 success in their first game of the season.

With the bottom four remaining winless, Rawcliffe's victory shoots them up to 10th.

Haxby Town kept up their flying start in division one with an 8-1 defeat of Riccall United.

Dan Clipston led the scoring with a hat-trick, supported by efforts from Tom Kilvington (2), Adam Douse (2) and Paul Holmes.

Goal difference keeps Haxby ahead of Tockwith, who sit second after a 2-1 success at Brooklyn. Matty Reeves netted the consolation for the hosts.

Cliffe and Osbaldwick were two of many sides to observe a minute’s silence in memory of their former player Si ‘Sly’ Houlder, who sadly passed away this week.

Hosts Cliffe did not gain the result they were hoping for, though, with Osbaldwick cantering to a 5-0 triumph.

Mike Hattee (2), Conner Campbell, Jack Brimmell and Alfie Atkinson struck for the triumphant away side.

Stamford Bridge put seven past Harrison Signs to collect their first three points of the season.

Jack Creaser and Nathan Spreckley bagged a brace apiece with Matthew Wain, Elliot Russell and Dan Price also on target in a 7-1 win.

Pocklington Town took the lead in the first half at Bishopthorpe when Ben Potter tapped home from close range.

There was heavy pressure from the home side afterwards with the hosts equalising on the hour mark through Ben Jones.

Both sides created chances and could have won it late in the game but neither could capitalise as the match ended in a 1-1 draw.

Wigginton Grasshoppers made it two wins out of two in York Minster Engineering League reserve 'A' with a hard-fought 3-2 victory at Old Malton St Mary's.

Cameron Burdass fired in a brace to put the visitors 2-0 ahead at half-time with James Sutton notching a third in the second half to secure the points for Wiggy.

Will Ella and Craig Mathie gave Pocklington Town a two-goal cushion in their game with Tockwith and it proved to be all-important as a second-half penalty put the visitors back in with a shout.

They could not bridge the gap, though, as Pock finished up 2-1 winners.

Strensall Tigers continued their 100 per cent start to their reserve 'B' campaign, defeating Tadcaster Magnets 6-1.

The only team to have taken six points from a possible six, Strensall sit two points clear of Hemingbrough United.

Rawcliffe had goals from Billy Annett and Robbie Macaulay to thank for a 2-1 win at Haxby Town.

Jamie Pickles struck to earn Hemingbrough United a point from their 1-1 home draw with Osbaldwick, for whom Aaron Kirby found the net.

Riccall United top reserve 'C' following a 4-1 win over Marton Abbey.

Jamie Bray, Callum Dutton, Daniel Rodwell and Pat Conlon grabbed the goals for Riccall, with Ben Orange hitting Abbey's sole reply.

Calvin Steele gave Garforth a 1-0 half-time lead at Wheldrake but second-half strikes from Ben Tunningley and George Ledley gained their hosts a 2-1 victory at the final whistle.

Aziz Kir, Bryde Freer and Brandon Read gave Brooklyn a vital three-goal cushion in the first half as they overcame Walnut Tree 3-2.

Tom Lang and Patryk Zimer fired back for the hosts but could not prevent their side suffering defeat.

Harrison Signs gained a 3-0 home success over Heslington.