WITH the York Minster Engineering League top four all tied up in cup action, the highest profile clash pitted fifth-placed Dunnington against Easingwold Town.

Easingwold occupied the spot below Dunnington in the premier division at the start of play, but a 4-1 defeat saw them slump down to seventh, overtaken by Huntington Rovers.

The Common Road side ran out victors thanks to goals from Harry Lynn, Dan Barrett (2) and Samson Wildwood.

Dringhouses still lead the way in the league, three points ahead of second-placed Thorpe United. Wigginton Grasshoppers and Old Malton St Mary's follow behind.

Coupled with the Town defeat, Huntington enjoyed a 3-2 home win over Tadcaster Magnets. Josh Hutchinson hit a brace for the hosts, with regular marksman Chris Dyson completing their tally.

Former Rovers striker JP Vass netted both Magnets' goals but couldn't prevent his side slumping to a defeat.

Kirkbymoorside moved up to eighth with a 9-1 demolition of Church Fenton.

Danny Owers (2) and Brad Worsfold fired Poppleton United to a 3-1 success at F1 Racing, for whom Dan Hickey netted.

Hemingbrough United beat Copmanthorpe by a scoreline of 4-1.

It was a rare occasion at the weekend as division one leaders Strensall Tigers dropped points, drawing 1-1 at home to Pocklington Town. Shaun Elvidge levelled for the visitors after Liam Wingfield had put Strensall ahead.

Malt Shovel climbed up to fifth after a couple of second-half goals from Deacon Brace gave them a 2-0 victory over Marston Green.

Shovel leapfrogged Haxby Town, who were held to a 1-1 draw at Malton & Norton. Tom Audsley notched for the hosts with Paul Holmes bagging for Haxby.

Matthew Wain and Nathan Spreckley found the target for Stamford Bridge but could not prevent their side falling to a 4-2 defeat at Tockwith.

The Beagle moved four points clear at the top of York Minster Engineering League division two following a 3-2 success over third-placed Wombleton Wanderers.

Leigh Dutton (2) and Liam Parkinson struck the all-important goals for the home side.

Second-placed Cawood found themselves two goals ahead at Civil Service with 50 minutes played thanks to Kyle Wilks and Matthew Duck, but overconfidence crept in and Civil bounced back to snatch a 3-2 win.

Fergus Laird, Alex Day and Josh Shepherd found the target for the hosts.

Rich Kendall fired home for Wheldrake but his side fell 3-1 at Rufforth United.

Wilberfoss were successful, defeating Heslington 3-0.

Barmby Moor got the better of Brooklyn, winning 3-2 and moving up to ninth place in the process.

Lowly Duncombe Park stole the show in division three after gaining a shock success over runaway leaders York St John University.

Alex Cottenden struck for the students but efforts from Connor Campbell (2) and David Elkington gave Duncombe Park a 3-1 victory.

Helperby United beat Selby Olympia 8-0. Ryan Cuthbert (2), Daniel Spink (2), James Mannion, Mark Jackson, Daniel Marston and James Buchanan collected the Helperby haul.

Fulford United gained a 5-2 success over Bishop Wilton.

York RI were successful at LNER Builders by the same scoreline.

George Pipes and Nathan Franks netted for Builders with Harry Rogan, Jai Simpson (2), George Simpson and an own goal coming together to complete the York RI tally.

Old Malton St Mary's have made it through to the York & District FA Saturday Senior Cup final with a 4-1 win over Wigginton Grasshoppers.

St Mary's will face York Minster Engineering League leaders Dringhouses, who saw off Thorpe United 3-1.

Old Malton were 3-0 up after 20 minutes in their last-four tie at home to Wigginton Grasshoppers.

Matt Tiplady scored arguably the goal of the game with a 20-yard left-footed strike for Grasshoppers, but goals from Jack Simpson (2), Marcus Godsell and Darren Dunning were enough to ensure holders Old Malton reached another final.

In the day’s other semi-final, Dringhouses won 3-1 at Thorpe United with the aid of a Dave Watson hat-trick.

Old Malton St Mary's Reserves will meet Pollington in the final of the Saturday Junior Cup after the former beat Clifford 3-1 and Pollington defeat Garforth WMC 5-2.

Luke Scott, Iain Kerr and Ryan Boyd gave St Mary's the win over Clifford and made it a York FA Cup double, following the success of the first team in the Senior Cup semi-finals.

This is to be Pollington's first-ever York FA final.

The match was a good advert for local football, with both sides technically well equipped - none more so than Pollington’s Mark Baggaley, who bagged a four-goal haul.

Pollington’s other goal was scored by Jimmy Hall.

In the Under-19 Cup, York Cubs defeated Fulford 5-1 in the semi-finals.

Pocklington Town are to be their opponents in the final after they won 4-1 at Poppleton.

Brooklyn Lions won 2-1 at Hamilton Panther s Blue to progress to the final of the Under-12s cup.

They will meet Poppleton Tigers, who made it past fellow semi-finalists and hosts Rawcliffe Black 3-1.