THE weather continues to wreak havoc with the local football scene, and the York Minster Engineering League schedule was once again reduced to around a quarter of its intended games.

Just two matches went ahead in the premier division.

Old Malton St Mary's hosted Dunnington in what is often a competitive contest.

This was to be the visitors' day, with Dunnington building on last week's draw at Wigginton with a 2-0 victory over their Rydale rivals.

Jake Hall hit two fantastic strikes to propel Dunnington to the victory and move them to within a point of fifth-placed Easingwold Town.

Fourth-placed St Mary's remain level on 35 points with Wigginton Grasshoppers - who occupy the spot above them - but have played three games more.

Jon Paul Vass was also at the double as he scored both of Tadcaster Magnets' goals in a 2-1 success at F1 Racing, for whom Dan Hickey netted a penalty.

Magnets continue to creep up the league, and now find themselves in seventh position with games in hand on many of the teams above them.

Both of the games given the green light in division one ended in 1-1 scorelines.

Matty Reeeves gave second-bottom Malton & Norton a half-time lead at second-placed Osbaldwick but a Chris Bilton header ensured that the sides took home a point apiece at the finish.

Marston Green and Riccall United also shared the spoils.

James Smith and Jamie Kirby netted for division two table-toppers The Beagle in a 2-1 win at Bubwith White Swan, a victory which keeps their side a point ahead of Cawood, who have three games in hand.

Cawood themselves gained a 2-1 success at home to Wombleton Wanderers. Luke Rayner and Josh Knowles struck for the hosts.

Fourth-placed Pollington had goals from Ryan Whitlam (2), Cohen Vause and Arron Sharp to thank for their 4-2 triumph over Brooklyn, who remain anchored to the foot of the table by goal difference.

Thorpe United moved safely clear of the bottom two in York Minster Engineering League reserve 'A'.

They defeated Pocklington Town 3-2.

Thorpe are now five points ahead of the bottom two with games in hand on all the teams around them, barring second-from-bottom Wigginton Grasshoppers.

Strensall Tigers edged another step closer to promotion from reserve 'C' with a 3-1 victory at Brooklyn.

Shane Bogg struck twice for the visitors but the goal of the game was Strensall's third, a sensational volley from the edge of the area by Tom Wood.

The win takes Strensall six points clear at the summit, having played at least one game fewer than their high-flying rivals.

Fulford United moved to within a point of second-placed Marston Green after handing them a 3-1 beating.

Tim Konarski (2) and Josh Powell found the target for Fulford.

Mick Nelson and Johnnie Hall sent basement side Wheldrake into a 2-0 lead at fourth-placed Civil Service before Duncan Urquhart pulled a goal back before the break.

George Peththen made it 3-1 to Wheldrake before Shaun Rayner fired in to close the gap once again.

Will Gardiner then made it 4-2 to the visitors and secured the points.

Ash Macpherson's late goal proved little more than a consolation as Civil Service finished up on the wrong end of a 4-3 defeat.

This was Wheldrake's first victory of the season. They are now four points from second-bottom Harrison Signs.