CITY of York Hockey Club Men I have dropped to the bottom of North League premier division following a 4-2 defeat at former basement side Neston.

Tom Feasby and Thomas Anderson were on target for the Minster City outfit, who have had a tricky time of it this season and are currently winless in five.

Attacker Alex Cockram proclaimed it an “awful game”.

City of York II secured their first clean sheet of the season in a 3-0 home win over Sheffield Hallam III in east division three south.

Dave Barraclough made some key saves, and there was a goal apiece for Dan Tompkins, James Fitton and George Good in a strong all-round performance.

City of York III were unable to play their fixture at a washed out Ben Rhydding in Yorkshire League premier division.

City of York IV avoided defeat for the first time in nine outings with a 2-2 premier division draw with Sheffield Hallam IV. Mark Moisley and Dave Rogers hit the backboard.

City of York V lost 1-0 at division two leaders Hull II.

Division four north leaders City of York VI won 2-1 at Leeds Adel V thanks to strikes from James Hogg and John Barrett.

City of York VII beat Halifax III 4-2. Emil Waites, Harvey Ake, Josh Perryman and Harry Foreman netted to see City leapfrog their opponents and Leodis Leeds into fourth place.

Division five north table-toppers City of York VIII maintained their unbeaten start to term with a 2-0 win at Wakefield VI. David Buckingham and Neil Reader were the scorers. The win keeps them 11 points ahead of second-placed Scaborough II.

Mark Hooper scored the only goal of the game as ninth-placed City of York IX beat Wakefield VII 1-0 in division five north.

City of York X continued their excellent unbeaten form in Men's Development north division with a 1-0 win over Airedale IV thanks to Nathan Ridsdale's strike. The Badgers are 11 points clear at the top of the table, having dropped just six points all season.

City of York Ladies I kept up their fourth position in North Women's League division one with a 1-0 win at Wakefield II.

Despite a strong showing against the division's bottom side, the breakthrough came just two minutes from the final whistle through Alison Couttie.

York started very well with multiple entries to the 'D' and some expert passages of play but they could not find the backboard, with the Wakefield keeper making some excellent saves.

York came out slower than they hoped after the restart but their tenacity paid off with a goal coming very late on, superbly slotted away by Couttie.

City of York Ladies II beat Wakefield III 3-1 at home to go 17 matches unbeaten since the start of the Yorkshire Women's League premier division season.

Player-of-the-match Corinne Wray opened the scoring with a stunning strike from the top of the 'D' and Sarah Rogers added from a well-worked penalty corner training ground move.

After the break, Vicky Skilton secured the three points with a deft reverse-stick deflection.

Wakefield pulled back a consolation late on.

Premier division strugglers City of York Ladies III lost 1-0 at a blustery Driffield II.

Eleventh-placed in division two, City of York IV lost 2-0 at Louth.

City of York Ladies V lost 4-2 at home to University of Leeds VI in division five north. Lucy Rhymer and Carla Metcalfe netted.

City of York Ladies VI remain at the foot of the table after suffering a 13-2 defeat at University of Leeds VI. Lucy Waters got both of York's goals.

Acomb Men I were held to a contentious 3-3 draw at Driffield II in Yorkshire League division one.

The Tangerines fought back to twice lead their hosts, who equalised after a late penalty corner call.

After conceding early, the Tangerines piled on the pressure and were rewarded when Dave Richardson netted.

Jonny Brown put Acomb in front only for the home team to level matters.

Brown netted his second to give the visitors the lead, which they held right up to the final minute when controversy struck.

Driffield were awarded a penalty corner, which was saved on the line high above the backboard by Stuart Baxter and a free hit was awarded.

But the umpire ruled the ball had struck the back of his stick and awarded another penalty corner, from which the home side equalised.

Acomb Men II shared the points with division four north's second-placed side Bingley Bees in an entertaining 1-1 home draw.

Bingley had Acomb pinned in their own half for the opening 10 minutes, but the hosts held out thanks to some resolute defending and a brace of excellent saves from man-of-the-match keeper Mike Brown.

Acomb grew into the game as the half progressed and deservedly took the lead through a clinical Harry Ellis short corner flick, once again teed up by stopper Neil Hutchins.

Both sides spurned good chances before half-time to leave the score 1-0 at the break.

In heavy wind and rain, Bingley pressed hard for an equaliser and eventually broke Acomb’s resistance from a short corner routine.

With the scores level, the skies cleared and the game opened up into a thrilling end-to-end final 15 minutes, with Bingley pushing for the winner and Acomb threatening on the counter attack.

Acomb thought they had retaken the lead close to full time in a bizarre incident which saw John Forecast’s scuffed cross trickle underneath the keeper, but it was disallowed.

A combination of brave defending, notably from defensive pair Dave Brown and Phil Monk, and missed chances meant a potentially high-scoring match ended 1-1.

Acomb Ladies continue to prop up Yorkshire Women's League division one following a 2-0 defeat at leaders Doncaster III.