YORK & District Schoolboys under-12s and under-11s both enjoyed strong displays, winning 5-1 and 4-1 respectively.

York U12s got the better of both Storm Dennis and Sheffield at a wet and windy York University.

Settling in immediately, York began by playing some fast-flowing football and created numerous chances - Ben Farrar, Ozzy Shaw and Noah Ward all going close.

On 13 minutes, Sheffield punished York's profligacy from a whipped left-wing free-kick that flicked off the head of Jack Huddlestone and in for an own goal.

York remained undeterred and just before the half hour mark, Matty Ellison fed Farrar who struck a left-footed strike home for the leveller.

Two minutes later, the home side went ahead as Shaw slipped in Ward who rifled the ball into the back of the net.

After the restart to the second half, Shaw and Ward combined once again, this time from a set-piece. The former crossed for the latter who stroked home the third.

Things got better for York soon after as Ellison unleashed a fine strike from 30 yards out that the beat the outstretched arms of the Sheffield goalkeeper.

Credit was due to Sheffield for their efforts in spite of the scoreline and they continued to create chances.

York added a fifth goal on the hour mark through James Borlase's composed finish.

The side's U11s also enjoyed a similarly strong result, defeating Leeds B 4-1.

Finn Simpson broke the early deadlock, as a Leeds clearance deflected off him into the net, the sole goal of the first half.

Leeds struck through a counter attack to level the score after the interval.

But, not to be undone, York regained the lead when Charlie Calderwood hit a long range shot over the goalkeeper’s reach.

At the other end, Oliver Wood was quick off his line to block a one-on-one and the York defence scrambled to clear the rebound off the line.

Leeds came close again moments later when a rasping shot hitting the frame of the York goal.

York lost influential midfielder Bodhi Justice due to a knock, but Bobby Moore then took the game by the scruff of its neck to turn in a wonderful final 15 minutes.

Tough tackling, great positional play and quick release of the ball saw York begin to turn the screw.

Oliver Ellis collected the ball on the right and curled in a wonderful strike to give York some breathing room.

York picked up another injury, in Ewan Daly, but Finn Davis turned in arguably his best performance in a York shirt, which was capped off with a great goal direct from his free kick in the last few minutes of the game.

Leeds didn’t give up but York managed to hold out for the win.