TADCASTER Albion let slip a two-goal lead at Northern Premier League north/west division strugglers Kendal Town, who scored late to secure a 2-2 draw.

It was the second time in eight days the Brewers had failed to beat 19th-placed Kendal, who had won 2-1 at Ings Lane the previous Saturday.

Lebrun Mbeka and Jack Walters sent Taddy into the break two goals to the good before Keiran Maguire’s screamer got the Mintcakes back into it and Patrick Allington - who scored what turned out to be the winner at the Global Stadium - came back to haunt Albion with a 90th-minute equaliser.

Now in sixth place, Taddy will look to get back to winning ways at home to City of Liverpool next week.

New defensive signing Andy Monkhouse and midfielder Ejupi Rinor were both in the starting line-up with Andy Milne in Cumbria, with Mitch Pattinson and Stuart Mott still injured.

Tadcaster started on the front foot when Jake Rose put in a dangerous cross with seconds on the clock but Jake Day’s flick with the outside of the boot was just wide.

Kendal skipper Sean Patterson darted around Ioan Evans but his cross was cleared, while Keighran Kerr burst into the box but dragged his shot wide. Morgan Bacon, between the sticks for the home side, made light work of a dangerous cross from the impressive Rose.

On 26 minutes Donald Chimalilo tried a speculative effort from just outside the box but Bacon was ready, while Mbeka fizzed a 20-yard well wide.

But on the half-hour he more than compensated. Rose put over a dangerous cross into the area and Mbeka outjumped the defence. He could not get enough power on the header but the ball came straight back to him and he followed up his blocked first shot by drilling into the back of the net.

On 45 minutes, Walters made it two. From a corner, Annan curled an out-swinger and Walters lashed it perfectly in.

Tadcaster were straight out of the blocks in the second half with Day putting a dangerous ball across the face of the goal but there was nobody there to convert it. Chimalilo got on the end of Day’s through ball but the shot was too high.

Things changed on 58 minutes when the Mintcakes got one back from Maguire’s unstoppable effor and the goal galvanised Kendal. Maguire then battled his way to the edge of the box but this time went wide.

Paul Quinn decided now was the time for change and he brought on Adam Porritt in place of Rinor, the young debutant having more than lived up to expectation.

Kendal again went close on 63 minutes as Kerr broke in to the box with just Ingham to beat, but the Taddy shot-stopper threw himself in front of the ball and somehow pushed it away for a corner.

Walter’s cross found Porritt at the back post but he could not control the bouncing ball and on 67 minutes Day went close, but over, from an Annan corner.

Kevin Dos Santos replaced Chimalilo with 15 minutes of normal time remaining.

As the match entered its closing stages, Albion were looking the more tired of the two sides and Kendal were throwing everything forward in search of the equaliser. Cruelly it arrived in the last minute when Allington dispatched an unstoppable free kick from 25 yards into the top corner of the net

At the foot of the table, Pickering Town were beaten 4-2 at Mill Lane by Pontefract Collieries.

First-half goals from Bradley Dockerty and former Tadcaster man Joe Lumsden put the visitors in the driving seat.

James Baxendale added a third just before the hour.

Niall Tilsley pulled one back for the Pikes with 15 minutes remaining but Vaughan Redford effectively sealed the points with an 83rd-minute penalty.

Iwan Heeley grabbed a spot-kick consolation just two minutes later.

Selby Town rose to third in Northern Counties East League division one with a 2-1 win over Nostell Miners Welfare.

It was not the free-flowing, champagne football with which the Robins have spoilt their fans of late, but most of the 300 supporters in attendance will not have minded.

In front of the league's largest attendance of the day, Liam Flanagan gave Selby the lead midway through the first half before Amir Berchil cancelled it out 10 minutes later.

Carl Stewart got the valuable second with 25 minutes of the match remaining.

The big team news was the return of fan-favourite Sam Cable, in from the start in place of the departing Alex Burton. Another positive was the return from injury for Charlie Clamp, who was on the bench.

In the early stages, there was very little by way of goalmouth action, although The Robins were on the front foot virtually from the off. Nostell’s defence was sitting deep and the Welfare were quick on the break, making the Selby defence scramble at times.

Town took the lead with only their second shot on target. Flanagan raced towards goal and let fly from about 25 yards. He benefited from a desperate intervention from a Nostell defender, whose deflected sent it looping over the keeper.

Nostell roared back, and soon equalised. Nostell had been moving the ball forward quickly, making the Selby defence uncomfortable. Sure enough, another ball played down Town’s left caused difficulty. The ball was crossed into the centre where Selby had plenty of bodies, but crucially none tight with Nostell attackers. After looking like Selby might just be able to clear, the ball was worked to Berchil, who easily beat Teddy Maris from inside the penalty area.

The Robins were rocked, and looking decidedly uncertain in defence. From another break and Nostell, perhaps should have taken the lead. They then had a shout for a penalty waived away by the referee. Just before half time a ball was set back to a player lurking on the edge of the penalty area. Fortunately for Selby, the Nostell man could only fire the ball high over the bar.

The second half became a very tense affair and Nostell nearly profited from a poor clearance kick by Maris, while Town looked to have regained the lead, only for a last ditch goal line clearance to keep out Casey Stewart.

Luke Sellers was the instigator and architect of the winning goal. He burst onto a Nostell pass, just inside the opposition half. Advancing towards goal on the left hand side, he sent in a superb cross, which floated over the Nostell defence. Carl Stewart was behind the centre back, and in full stride he hung in the air, to deftly head the ball into the corner of the net.