DRINGHOUSES staged a late comeback to secure an all-important 4-3 victory at home to Easingwold Town.

The win sent Houses five points clear at the top of the York Minster Engineering League premier division.

George Brown and Matthew Mulhearn twice put the hosts ahead only for Easingwold to draw level, before Town took the lead early in the second half.

Dave Watson dragged Dringhouses level before Mulhearn grabbed a second in injury time.

Old Malton St Mary's and Wigginton Grasshoppers took part in a fiery affair which saw the visitors leave with a 2-1 victory.

Jordan Holt produced a magnificent header to give Hoppers the lead after 10 minutes in a first half where Malton enjoyed the lion's share of possession. During this period, St Mary's were reduced to 10 men following a straight red card.

Michael Clancy then pulled off a fantastic save following the restart to maintain Wiggy's lead before Jake Duckworth fed Matthew Tiplady, who fired home to give Grasshoppers a 2-0 advantage.

Ben Lealman produced a neat finish to reduce the deficit before a scrappy period saw two more red cards - one for each side - following second yellows for Darren Dunning and Jake Duckworth.

A final chance for Malton to equalise went begging with minutes to spare.

The win moves Wigginton to within three points of second-placed St Mary's with three games in hand on their rivals.

Fourth-placed Dunnington led Hemingbrough United courtesy of an own goal and they sealed the points when Tom Anderson hit a 25-yard screamer of a free kick with four minutes remaining.

Chris Dyson and Sam Thorpe struck for Huntington Rovers in a 2-1 victory over Kirkbymoorside.

Ben Jones hit four for Copmanthorpe's in their 6-2 win at Church Fenton. Ross Boyle and Lee Atkinson completed the visitors' haul.

The division one promotion race took another twist when Rawcliffe came from 1-0 down to beat leaders Strensall Tigers and move to within five points of their opponents with a game in hand.

Strensall led via Dan Mason, but two goals in five minutes from Niall Smallwood turned the game on its head.

Adam Chaplin hit a hat-trick for third-placed Haxby Town and Paul Holmes added a fourth in a 4-2 win at Bishopthorpe United.

In-form Stamford Bridge beat Riccall United 4-0. Nathan Spreckley (2), Danny Gray and Harry Neill made the score sheet.

Chris Bilton collected a superb hat-trick of headed goals as he starred in Osbaldwick's 7-1 win over Harrison Signs. Lucas Wilson, James Jacques, Jack Sullivan and Joe Hickey also netted for Osso, with Warren Lowe notching Signs' consolation.

Darren Jackson bagged a hat-trick for Cliffe in a 4-3 win at Marston Green. Jamie England collected the away team's other goal from the penalty spot.

Wombleton Wanderers continue to set the pace in division three after beating Wilberfoss 7-0.

Their closest pursuers, The Beagle, beat Brooklyn 5-4. An own goal proved the difference, with The Beagle's other goals coming from Nathan Ducey (2), Clayton Shepherdson and James Smith.

Nathan Cross (2), George Peirson and Kevin Essouayah scored for Brooklyn.

Cawood who edged a 6-5 thriller with Heslington. Matthew Ward (3), Jake Hallgain, Patrick Guest and Kyle Wilks scored for the hosts.

Danny Mairs (3), Nathan Brigham and Rob Corker struck back for Heslington.

Rufforth United lost 8-0 at Civil Service, for whom Luke Addison (4), Tommy Medd (3) and Alex Day scored.

Harry Bedford hit a consolation for Wheldrake in their 2-1 home loss to Barmby Moor.

Bubwith White Swan climbed to fourth with a 6-3 defeat of Pollington thanks to goals from Simon Houlder (3), Max Himsworth, Leon Wood and Jordan Nason.

Walnut Tree beat previously undefeated table-toppers York St John University 1-0 thanks to Steve Smith's goal.

However, St John's main title rivals Garforth could not capitalise as they drew 1-1 with fourth-placed Helperby United, for whom James Buchanan found the net.

Crayke United won 13-1 against Swinton. Alan Boyd (4), Tom Green (2), Andy Haigh (2), Karl Slater (2), Lee Johnson, Josh Williams and Chris Browne collected Crayke's haul.

Fulford United sit sixth after their 4-2 win at home to Selby Olympia. Tyler Jones and Harry Rogan (2) fired York RI to a 3-2 triumph over Bishop Wilton.

Old Malton St Mary's moved three points closer to the top two in York Minster Engineering League reserve 'A' following their 5-1 victory over Huntington Rovers.

Gary Mitchinson hit the consolation goal for Rovers.

Pocklington Town scored a 2-0 success at Easingwold Town.

Reserve 'B' leaders Tadcaster Magnets suffered a 4-2 setback against third-placed Hemingbrough United.

Josh Richardson and Gavin Evans netted for Magnets, whose lead was reduced to just one point with the chasing pack all enjoying games in hand.

Haxby Town sit in second place after goals from James Gilbertson and Dale Waddington earned them a 2-0 win over Rawcliffe.

Jason McCloud hit a late penalty for F1 Racing in a 4-1 home defeat to Malt Shovel, who occupy fourth spot following their victory.

Draws were the order in the day in reserve 'C'. Danny Walters put Heslington 1-0 up at half-time against Civil Service but Duncan Urquahart's second-half effort saw honours even at the final whistle.

Cliffe and Fulford United frustrated one another as the sides battled to a goalless draw.