YORK RUFC stretched their lead at the top of North One East to seven points after thrashing Pocklington 52-17.

Chasing a sixth straight league win, Pocklington were in hot-form heading into the fixture, though York were still able to put 50 points on the board for the second week running.

The division leaders’ latest win - their seventh in a row - meant that they capitalised on a 18-12 loss by nearest challengers Driffield away to Kendal. Cleckheaton’s win meant that also move onto 52 points alongside Driffield.

Pocklington were the first to get points on the board through an early Christian Pollock penalty in front of the posts.

But it wasn’t long before York establish their unassailable lead.

Three penalties from Declan Cusack gave York a 9-3 advantage, the latter of which began with a break from full-back Liam Hessay who sprinted clear down the left in York’s next foray forward.

From the resulting lineout, some slick passing allowed Will Fordy to outpace the Pock defence and cross the whitewash, with Cusack adding the coversion.

Ben Dyson-Dent threatened with a chance out wide, but 16-3 to the hosts it remained at the interval.

Pock were back in the game after strong reply from the second-half restart as a strong rolling maul saw Josh Papa drive over before Pollock added the extras.

But, York recovered from their own restart kick and fed the ball to Hessay, who exchanged passes with Luke Stockton before grounding.

Stockton turned provider to set up a first York try for substitute Jonny Frank in the corner.

The killer score followed shortly afterwards when Hessay made a 60 metre break before he fed Hodges who floated past four defenders and scored under the posts, to secure the bonus point.

After two previous misses, Cusack kicked successfully and he was again involved by chipping the ball over ford Fordy to touch down for another converted effort.

Fordy again raced away to enable Cade Robinson to score in the corner for an unconverted try.

Then, York went past the 50-point mark as Shane Goulding, Ross White and Fordy all combined to tee up Toby Atkin for the final try. Cusack converted once more.

Pock did manage to register a consolation try through Pollock, an effort which he would then convert.

Malton & Norton slipped to a 26-24 defeat away to second-from-bottom side West Hartlepool in North One East.

Malton made a bright start as, on 14 minutes from loose play, two good breaks from Sam Triffitt set up ball for Ben Tenge and in turn Ali Fothergill to feed Will Bell on the outside who needed no second invitation and motored through to score an unconverted try.

Five minutes later, West replied with seven points after sustained pressure on Malton’s line and on the half hour mark, they added to their lead with a simple converted try.

To give Malton their credit, they stuck to the task and, on 40 minutes, Tom Hoggard scored the try of the game.

The flanker sold the opposition two dummies and glided between two would-be tacklers to score a solo try from 20 metres out, a five-pointer which left the half-time score at 14-10 in the hosts’ favour.

Malton opened the second half driving up to the West whitewash and, on phase six, Jack Hobbs powered over for a converted try under the posts.

The following restart was dropped and from the resulting scrum West’s number 14 rounded his marker before touching down on 45 minutes.

On the hour mark, a fluffed kick from Malton fortuitously sat up for them and another break from Hoggard set up Bell who drew his man and laid a sweetly timed pass for Chris Joe to score a converted try and seal the try bonus point with it.

At that point Malton led 24-17, however, with seven minutes remaining, West found themselves again on Malton’s line and scored their their forward’s power for a bonus point converted try and a two-point lead.

Malton had one last chance deep into injury time when camped on the West line and put together over 15 phases and inched their way to the whitewash first left then right.

But patience ran out and an effort to go over the top to the line resulted in a knock on and, on reflection, a deserved third win of the season for the hosts.

In Yorkshire One, Selby fell to a third straight loss, going down 44-13 away to Bradford Salem.

Elsewhere, Nestle Rowntree beat bottom side Sheffield Oaks 29-15 in the Yorkshire Four south east.

Oakes opened the scoring early on but Trees hit back with a great solo effort from Ali O’Gara, who then added a conversion and a penalty.

The lead went to 15-5 by half-time as Ryan Roodt finished by the flag and the hosts remained in control after the break, after they were awarded a penalty try.

Oakes countered with a try from the restart but Roodt scored his second of the game, with O’Gara convering.

Sheffield hit back a consolation try with five minutes left, but Trees held on for the win.

Elsewhere in the division, York RI are joint top of the table after a 20-7 triumph over Stocksbridge.