YORK & District Schoolboys Under-13s continued their fine run of form with a deserved 7-3 Yorkshire Schoolboys League win at Hull.

After wins over Harrogate, Wakefield and Doncaster, this was York's fourth victory on the bounce - a run which has seen them net 21 times.

Ben Garbutt-Smith and Seb Holowkiewicz each scored braces - the former taking his tally for the season to five - with Leo Littlewood, Joe Thompson and Jacob Bryant adding.

York began brightly, showing their positive intention by putting Hull under pressure, forcing them to turn over possession a number of times deep in their own half of the pitch. York almost took an early lead, Harry Fort latching onto a cross, only to see his left foot strike pushed wide by the keeper.

On the five-minute mark, they made their pressure tell. Garbutt-Smith dispossessed a defender and finished smartly.

A good passing move then led to Garbutt-Smith setting up Joe Thompson, whose shot on the run was well saved.

But within 10 minutes, Seb Holowkiewicz fired in a free kick to extend York’s lead and then, following a corner, Leo Littlewood rose well to steer a header just wide.

York maintained their attacking threat. Holowkiewicz scored his second, his team’s third, from another long-range free kick and York appeared to be cruising.

At 3-0 down, however, Hull started to string a few passes together and create chances. They hit the bar and then, just before half-time, pulled a goal back from a free kick which took a deflection on its way into the York net.

This was a timely warning for York who went into the break two goals to the good but wary of the threat from Hull.

York went into the second half looking to put the game out of reach. Littlewood scored with a nice header from a Garbutt-Smith cross and Thompson finished smartly after being put through by Billy Dickinson.

After losing players before the game through illness and then two players due to injury during the game, it was to be expected that York’s energy levels would drop at some stage.

Hull benefited from this and began to enjoy more possession as the game wore on. They pulled a goal back from a free kick before Garbutt-Smith broke clear to grab his second and York’s sixth with a good, low finish into the bottom corner of the net.

Hull scored a third from the penalty spot before goalkeeper-turned-striker Bryant completed the scoring in the final minute when his shot flew in off the crossbar after good work from Lleyton Brown.

Billy Dickinson earned the man-of-the-match award for his strong and composed play in midfield.