YORK & District Schoolboys Under-13s earned their third consecutive win when they beat Doncaster 2-0.

Lleyton Brown and Jack Cottam both hit the net for York in their Yorkshire Schoolboys League fixture.

On a tricky surface, a confident York began brightly, playing their football in the Doncaster half and pushing their opponents back.

Despite their good play, chances were limited but York kept pushing - and their positive play was rewarded after 20 minutes when Brown beat his marker and finished coolly.

The same player was then brought down in the area, but York did not take advantage and put the resultant penalty wide.

Doncaster came into the game as the half progressed, putting York under pressure and creating some half-chances, though they were kept at bay by a resilient York defence.

York started the second half in similar fashion to the first, confident on the ball and quick in the tackle. Ben Garbutt-Smith came alive, using his skills and pace to make a number of penetrative runs down the right to trouble the Doncaster defence.

When called upon, York’s defence stuck to their task, making it difficult for Doncaster to work any clear openings. York deservedly extended their lead on the 50-minute mark, central defender Cottam skilfully steering in a header from a Seb Holowkiewicz corner.

York continued to press, looking to put the game out of reach but were unable to add a third.

The final 10 minutes saw Doncaster put York under a good deal of pressure as they raised their efforts in an attempt to get something out of the game but York refused to buckle. The one good chance that did fall to Doncaster was saved smartly and bravely from close-range by keeper Jacob Bryant, and good game management from the hosts ensured they closed out the win.

Stand-out players for the hosts were goalscorer Cottam and Jack Redman, who proved a strong defensive pairing in their team's first clean sheet of the season.

York & District Schoolboys Under-12s enjoyed a 3-2 league win over Wakefield.

Goals from Ben Farrar and Matty Ellison put York in early control but were pushed by Wakefield in the build up to half-time as they pulled two back.

Man-of-the-match Farrar was on hand to net the winner towards the start of the second half.

York got off to a great start and inside two minutes, Farrar had latched onto a ball and slotted in the opener.

A good 10-minute spell from York at the beginning of the match saw them camped in the Wakefield half. Ellison was brought down on the edge of the Wakefield area and drilled in the resultant set piece to make it two.

Wakefield grew into the game after that and broke through after 20 minutes when the ball landed kindly from a mishap on the York goalline.

The visitors kept pushing and, not long after, they were right back in the game. A cross from the left made its way low into the box and was finished from close range.

After a seemingly necessary half-time break, York began like they did the first period. Within three minutes, Jamie Kay played a through-ball for Ben Farrar to run onto and finish going under the keeper.

This game was tight all the way - York created chances and then had to defend as Wakefield went on the attack, while Wakefield were pushing strongly at the end. The final whistle came in time for York to hang on for the victory.