YORK Futsal Club maintained their perfect start to the National Futsal League season with an 8-4 win over strugglers Leicester.

The Minster city outfit sit second in the table with four wins from four and a game in hand over leaders Oxford.

York's next home game is against current table-toppers Oxford on December 15 at the York Sport Arena (4.45pm), following the December 8 trip to third-placed Manchester.

Tom Blackburn opened the scoring after just two minutes as York applied the early pressure. High pressing from the home side resulted in a shot from Daniel Pedras that Leicester keeper Sam Roper could only block to the feet of Blackburn, who tapped in.

Leicester chose to defend half court but struggled to play out, and after a number of chances from York, the visitors changed to add a more direct route to goal.

However, York maintained possession leading to a second goal on four minutes. Michael Bulmer scoring after a one-two with Fabinho in the Leicester box.

To their credit, Leicester heads never dropped and they began to work their way into the game. Defending well allowed them to capitalise on York mistakes with counter attacks and long-range efforts.

Their best effort came after seven minutes from a well-worked free kick by Deniss Hromovs and Heitor Ferriera, which hit the target, but was saved at the feet of Myles Chadwick.

The visitors finally got their reward on 10 minutes. Pouncing on a York error in the centre of the court, Hromovs neatly passed to Lamin Conteh who turned and shot early past the York keeper.

York looked to strike back, but chances went begging and, as the fouls began to accumulate, they started to lose their composure. Leicester took advantage of this with a strike saved by Chadwick on 12 minutes and a minute later with a counter attack from Ferriera and Sam Nalletamby that would have found the net were it not for some great defending from Ze Eduardo.

With York on five fouls and at risk of giving away a 10-metre penalty, Leicester took the initiative with a kick-in near their own goal to Ferriera, who lost two defenders on the turn before rounding the keeper and slotting the ball home to make it 2-2.

It seemed as though the stalemate would be taken into half-time, but York were not done yet. With three minutes remaining, York scored the goal of the game after Fabinho intercepted a clearance by the Leicester keeper before combining with Mahamadu Ceesay and Ze Eduardo near the Leicester goal, the latter cleverly rolling the ball to Ceesay to finish.

Ceesay quickly followed this with another goal after picking up a rebound from a Pedras volley.

A time-out was taken by Leicester to try to limit the damage, but with just one minute left to play of the half, York forced the Leicester keeper into a great save from Fabinho’s long-range effort before finding the net again, with Pedras stealing the ball on the halfway line and playing in Blackburn to make it 5-2.

Leicester - who must have been wondering how they had not reached half-time level - changed their keeper and started the second half positively, but it followed a similar pattern to the first. The visitors showed great determination, but York dominated the chances and added further goals through Ze Eduardo and Michael Bulmer before Leicester responded late in the game, successfully playing fly keeper and clawing back two goals from Nalletamby and shot-stopper Alex Gulenkovs.

Not to be outdone, York finished the highly entertaining encounter with a fine effort from Mychaell Da Silva.

Head coach Junior Roberti said: "Well done to Leicester today. They played really well and gave us many problems on the court. I think overall we adapted well, but it was not easy and at times we lost our discipline, which is something we will need to work on as we enter a crucial part of the season with games against two top sides in Manchester and Oxford."