By Barry Casterton

THE weather continues to play havoc with the scheduling for the York FA Saturday Senior Cup.

Waterlogged pitches put paid to the majority of ties on the original date for the second round of the Keal Teamwear-sponsored competition in October.

The postponed games were rescheduled for Saturday and again heavy rain meant that several of the ties could not go ahead.

There were also postponements in the second round of the York FA Saturday Junior Cup, sponsored by Pavers Shoes.

The Senior Cup matches delayed for a second time were Poppleton United v Wigginton Grasshoppers, Hemingbrough United v Thorpe United and Dringhouses v Church Fenton.

One team definitely through to round three are reigning York Minster Engineering League premier division champions Old Malton St Mary's after a 9-3 win at Bishopthorpe United.

The sides were level at 1 -1 going into the break, and Old Malton were later edging it at 4-3, before Bishopthorpe collapsed with 20 minutes to go and conceded a further five goals.

Strensall Tigers and Haxby Town fell victim to penalty shootouts, with Stamford Bridge and Easingwold Town respectively sealing a place in the third round.

Stamford Bridge’s passage was thanks to keeper Liam Baker saving from Strensall keeper Josh Archer to seal a 5-3 shootout win after a 1-1 draw.

Haxby Town lost 5-4 on spot kicks after the sides were locked at 2-2.

Pocklington Town 2nds were 3-0 up at half-time aganst Cliffe through Jack Holman, Chris Saltner and Connor Mathie.

Tom Knowles scored a fourth and Mathie added a further two goals to complete a hat-trick and give Pocklington a 6-1 home win.

Osbaldwick enjoyed a well earned 3-0 win away to Huntington Rovers with goals from Lucas Wilson, Chris Bilton and Ferguson McGauthiel.

In round two of the York FA Saturday Junior Cup, Garforth WMC edged past Wilberfoss Reserves with two goals from Connor Rose.

Old Malton St Mary's Reserves were 6-2 winners at Rufforth United, while Clifford beat hosts Strensall Reserves 4-2.

Hemingbrough United Reserves were 4-1 winners at home to Bubwith White Swan, while The Beagle edged past Dunnington Reserves 6-5.

Cawood triumphed 8-7 on penalties after drawing their tie at Rufforth United Reserves 4-4.

The following games have been rescheduled for next week: Fulford v Copmanthorpe Reserves, Elmpark v Crayke United and Pollington v Bishopthorpe United Reserves.

Civil Service were handed a bye when Harrison Signs Reserves resigned from the competition.

By Graham Ireton

A DEPLETED card in the York Minster Engineering League saw just one premier division fixture get the go ahead, with many teams in York FA Cup action and other matches falling to the weather.

The one game that was played in the top flight was between F1 Racing and Dunnington.

It wasn’t one of the home side’s more memorable performances as Dunnington put six past them without reply.

A solitary game took place in division one with Malt Shovel taking three points from a 4-0 victory over Malton & Norton, moving them up to third in the table.

After a goalless first half, Deacon Brace put Shovel in front before Chaz Harvey doubled their advantage with an hour played.

Brace added two more before the end to complete his hat-trick, the second a long-range thunderbolt that left the Malton & Norton keeper with no chance.

Nick Horne (2) and Adam Webster fired Wilberfoss up to fourth spot in division two following a 3-1 win at Barmby Moor.

York St John University moved level on points with Garforth WMC at the top of division three following a 6-0 triumph at home to Bishop Wilton.

Liam White led their scoring with a hat-trick and was supported by goals from Ali Harvey, Jake Dunn and Jenson Joseph.

Helperby United also enjoyed a big win, putting nine past LNER Builders without a response.

James Buchanan (4), Daniel Marston (2), Stanley Wood, Ryan Foster and Ryan Cuthbert bagged their goals.

Liam Farr, Nathan Parker and John Crowley were all on target for Tadcaster Magnets in their reserve ‘B’ clash with Rawcliffe.

The visitors gained a 6-3 win though thanks to efforts from Niall Smallwood (3), William Moll, Dan Moll and Jamie Worrall.

The two games in reserve ‘C’ both resulted in 2-2 draws.

Civil Service found themselves 1-0 down at home to Cliffe, before goals from Shaun Rayner and Nathan Harland put them in front late on, only for Cliffe to force an equaliser.

Oscar Johnston and Blaine Wilford netted for Brooklyn in their share-all with Fulford.