POPPLETON United moved up to eighth place in the York Minster Engineering Football League premier division with a 2-0 win at Easingwold Town.

Victory in the only top flight fixture to take place on Saturday means United are now two points and two places ahead of their defeated hosts.

Strensall Tigers continue to dominate proceedings in division one and handed out a 13-1 hammering to Cliffe.

Josh Winn bagged five goals, with Kieran Harris (2), Jack Bell (2) and Gareth Hirst also notching.

Substitute Kieran Flanagan rose from the bench to hit a hat-trick and complete the home team's scoring.

Kalum Horne also came into the game late at Pocklington Town but affected the result dramatically, his goal being the only one of the game as visitors Marston Green slumped to a 1-0 defeat.

Henry Gardner scored from open play and the penalty spot in Tockwith's 4-3 victory over Bishopthorpe United.

Headers from Tom Richards and Will Richmond completed the Tockwith haul.

Danny Gray and Nathan Spreckley both collected braces in Stamford Bridge's 4-1 success over Haxby Town.

Malt Shovel won 6-2 at Harrison Signs. The home side's goals came courtesy of long-serving club men Mark Benton and Warren Lowe.

In division two, third-placed Rufforth United suffered a setback as they were sunk 5-2 at home by Pollington.

Sam Bale (2), Guy Robertson (2) and Reece Chapman inflicted the damage on the away team's behalf.

Clifford unexpectedly led Civil Service at half time but honours finished even following an own goal mid way through the second half.

The Beagle picked up their first win of the season, defeating Bubwith White Swan 3-2.

The top of the table clash in division three finally saw York St John University's 100 per cent record ended, but the students remain unbeaten after a battling 3-3 draw with Garforth WMC.

Jonty Russell Rayment netted and substitute Jenson Joseph bagged a brace for the University side, who will be the happier of the two with the final score, now sitting three points behind Garforth with two games in hand.

Lee Johnson (2), Brandon Carrick, Oliver Watkins and Liam Henderson were on target for Crayke United as they gained a 5-1 success over Swinton.

In the York & District FA Saturday Junior Cup, Haxby Town Reserves beat York RI 5-1 with a brace from Mike Fell and a hat-trick by James Gilbertson.

Pocklington Town's third team were held to a 2-2 draw by visiting neighbours Bishop Wilton, who went on to win the subsequent penalty shoot-out 7-6.

Huntington Rovers managed a cup double as their reserves beat Brooklyn Reserves 6-1.

Gary Mitchinson scored three, with the other goals coming from Paul Scathe, Ash Hill and Olly Handley.

Huntington’s first team were 6-2 winners at Grangetown Boys Club in the North Riding Saturday County Cup second round.

Poppleton United Reserves forfeited their tie with Brooklyn due to pitch scheduling issues.

Dringhouses continued their excellent form in York Minster Engineering League reserve 'A' with a 6-2 defeat of Church Fenton.

Tom Hawksby collected a wonderful hat-trick with Liam Robertson (2) and Keanan Crake also making the scoresheet.

Old Malton St Mary's dropped their first points of the league campaign in a 2-2 share-all with Easingwold Town.

Cameron Stevens, Ryan Ferguson and Jack Barber fired reserve 'B' leaders Tadcaster Magnets to a 4-1 triumph over Malt Shovel.

Magnets' scoring was completed by an own goal.

Osbaldwick sit third following a 4-2 success over Stamford Bridge.

Lewis Keenan put Osso ahead early on, only to see Jamie Rank level matters shortly afterwards.

The sides remained locked at 1-1 until a frantic last 10 minutes. Harry Cartledge put the hosts 2-1 up before Matty O'Connell made it 3-1.

Hugh Barlow then reduced the deficit only for a defensive mix-up to leave James Jacques with the simplest of finishes to guarantee the points for Osbaldwick.

Ricky Hunter, Jamie Worrall and Billy Annett found the net for Rawcliffe as they came back from a seemingly hopeless situation at F1 Racing to secure a point from a 3-3 draw.

Nathan Snowden, Liam King and Youssef Fitzmaurice had originally combined to put F1 into a 3-1 lead.

Bishopthorpe United and Copmanthorpe shared eight goals and the points following an end to end game.

An Adam Galloway penalty added to strikes from James Willsher and Steve Neal to guarantee reserve 'C' leaders Marston Green the points from their 3-1 win over Heslington.

Cliffe defeated Wheldrake 3-1.