YORK’S Cam Shaw maintained his undefeated professional record with another points victory, this time over Kent’s Ricky Leach at the Bonus Arena in Hull.

Shaw showcased his classy boxing skills in a career-best display for the featherweight, with his rapid hand speed and work to the body particularly eye-catching.

The sole notable blemish of his performance was the rather harsh call of a low shot in the third of the four rounds, which saw him docked a point by referee John Latham, who returned a 39-37 scorecard in Shaw’s favour.

For Shaw, it’s a third win from as many professional fights since turning to the paid ranks back in late July and it’s a second victory in the month of October.

Many professional fighters complain of having to wait around for fights, but Shaw can have few such grievances.

There’s already plans for him to be back out at the end of November, again in Hull, should he have come through Saturday's contest injury-free - which looks probable.

Should that be the case, Shaw will have had five professional fights in five months.

Keeping busy and active was the message from his team in the build-up to this bout and suggestions of exhaustion as a result of his schedule were quickly dismissed in the opening round.

Shaw’s rapid hand-speed was evident early on, as his quick one-twos to head and body constantly found the target on Leach.

The York fighter attacked the body in the first round and there was little coming back from Leach.

It was an opening stanza that bettered the entirety of Shaw’s bout against Jake Pollard only a fortnight previously.

Shaw continued to press to the body of Leach, who began wincing at the shots taken before Shaw was given the first of several warnings for low blows, which seemed marginal from ringside.

Leach replied with shots of his own for the first time in the bout in the second, though Shaw answered them with some quality work in centre ring.

By the third, Shaw’s low blows were punished by the referee with his corner urging him to target the head of Leach instead.

He followed the instructions by coming up with some clever counter strikes, reeling off a classy combination in the final seconds of the round.

In the last, Leach had his best success, catching Shaw in the exchange as the York fighter struggled to move his feet quickly enough. There was little hurtful coming from the Kent boxer, but they were shots Shaw shouldn’t have been taking.

The pair continued to trade more frequently for the rest of the round, though Shaw came out better in the trade-offs.

In the end, Shaw took victory by a two-point margin which didn’t accurately reflect his control in the fight.

His quick progression continues, with all eyes now focused upon a potential fourth pro fight taking place only next month.