TADCASTER Albion remain second in the BetVictor Northern Premier League north/west division after a 1-1 draw with Ossett United.

After a goalless first half at Ings Lane, the Brewers fell behind on 58 minutes to a goal from United full-back Alexander McQuade.

However, the home side hit back only five minutes later when Ioan Evans bundled in the equaliser from close range.

It had earlier taken Tadcaster time to settle but their first serious foray saw Kevin Santos beat his man and unleash a rocket towards the top corner, only to be thwarted by an equally good save.

On 24 minutes, cool play from Evans under pressure foiled a possible one on one and then a brilliant punch out by Michael Ingham from an inswinging corner later kept the scores level.

On 49 minutes, Santos put a peach of a pass through to Don Chimalilo but he rattled an upright, and was adjudged offside anyway.

The deadlock was broken on 58 minutes. A United corner was headed out by Jake Rose but only as far as McQuade, who acrobatically hooked it towards the goal and Ingham had no chance.

On 63 minutes, Alex Wiles crossed into the six-yard area and Evans forced it over the line.

Ingham made two good saves as Ossett rallied, while Santos had a good chance for the hosts.

A draw was better than Tadcaster managed in three games last season against United and they are four points behind leaders Workington.

On Tuesday (7.45pm), Albion host Goole in the first round of the West Riding County Cup.

Bottom side Pickering Town were undone by two goals in the last 15 minutes as they lost 3-1 at Droylsden.

The Pikes trailed at the break to Stephen Rigby's goal on the stroke of half-time, but former York City striker Flynn McNaughton levelled two minutes after the break.

However, the hosts went ahead again on 77 minutes through Aaron Burns and sealed the points with a last minute goal from Domaine Rouse.

Selby Town suffered only their second defeat of the Northern Counties East League division one campaign as they went down 3-2 at home to Campion.

The Robins were always chasing the game at the Fairfax Plant Hire Stadium and, despite a valiant effort, were unable to rescue a point against a top side.

After an even start, it was the away side who took the lead. The ball was played inside for Mohammad Qasim to run onto and he had the time and space to place his shot beyond keeper Pete Lawrie.

Stung by this, Selby roared onto the front foot and Casey Stewart set up the equaliser with some trickery on the left.

He sent a cross to the back post where top league goalscorer Chris Jackson outjumped his marker to head the ball back across the goalkeeper and into the corner of the net.

Selby looked the more likely to score the next goal but a rare Campion attack ended with Qasim scoring off the underside of the bar, with the referee controversially ruling the ball crossed the line.

Selby's displeasure with the performance of the referee resulted in a red card for coach Jonny Bruce.

Five minutes into the second half Ryan Gothard was out-muscled by Daniel Facey about 30 yards from goal and he strode forward before unleashing a shot that Lawrie could only watch into the net.

Stewart and Liam Flanagan went close before Selby managed to claw a goal back on 59 minutes.

Flanagan ran into the Campion area and went to ground after the slightest of touches by a Campion defender.

The penalty was awarded and up stepped top scorer Jackson, who netted despite the goalkeeper getting a hand to the shot.

The Robins went close to an equaliser, but were unable to salvage a point against a side on an eight-match winning run.

The Robins are in third, four points behind Campion and seven behind leaders Skegness, but with games in hand on both their rivals.

On Tuesday, they travel to seventh placed Retford (7.45pm).