WIGGINTON Grasshoppers are through to the second round of the North Riding County FA Saturday Cup following an 8-2 win over Thirsk Falcons.

Gary Newton hit four goals, with Matthew Tiplady, Sam Gough and Jake Duckworth also on target.

The pick of the goals came from Kieran Holmes, who ran the ball from inside his own half before firing home.

Dringhouses continue to boss the York Minster Engineering League premier division and once again gave a commanding performance in a 10-3 win over Sporting Knavesmire.

Four-goal George Brown led the way to give Houses an eighth win from eight, with Matthew Mulhearn (3), Jordan Outerbridge, Dave Watson and Liam Robertson adding.

Thorpe United made even lighter work of Church Fenton, winning 13-1 thanks to goals from Michael Braithwaite (4), Paul Moran (3), Jean-Pierre Grenier (2), Edward Wileman, Steve Lyon, Gary Collier and Harry Brigham.

Old Malton St Mary's sit third following a 4-3 win at Easingwold Town, for whom Josh Cryer, Joe Crosby and Alex Fenwick scored.

Huntington Rovers picked up three points in a 4-3 victory at 10-man F1 Racing thanks to a last-minute winner from Chris Dyson (2). Jon Paul Vass and Josh Hutchinson added for Rovers while Liam King, Jay Nicoll and debutant Jameson Hogg scored for F1.

Jake Moyse (2) and Ben Jones fired Copmanthorpe to a 3-2 win over Tadcaster Magnets to move the hosts five points clear of the bottom two. Kirkbymoorside and Hemingbrough United played out a 1-1 stalemate.

In division one, normally free-scoring table-toppers Strensall Tigers were held to a rare 0-0 draw at Malt Shovel.

This allowed Rawcliffe to close the gap at the top with a 5-3 win over Stamford Bridge. Niall Smallwood (3), Dan Hobson and Paul Branscombe scored for Rawcliffe. Danny Gray, Dan Price and James Hunt replied.

Osbaldwick continued their recent good run with a 5-1 success at Bishopthorpe United. Lucas Wilson, Isaac Clark, Alfie Atkinson, Jack Brimmell and Chris Bilton shared Osso's goals.

Marston Green defeated Haxby 4-1 thanks to goals from Nick Hutchinson, Dan Marshall, Ash Hope and Jordan Willoughby.

Pocklington Town won 4-1 at Malton & Norton.

Cliffe picked up their first points of the season with a 3-2 victory over Harrison Signs.

Henry Gardner scored for Tockwith in their 2-1 home defeat to Riccall United, for whom Luke Durham and Louis Blackwell scored.

Cawood moved top of division two with a crushing 8-2 defeat of former leaders Barmby Moor. Lewis Hall (2), Kyle Wilks (2), Pete McLoughlin, Matthew Duck and Matthew Ward netted, with an own goal completing their tally.

Wombleton Wanderers went second following a 3-1 win at Brooklyn.

Clifford and The Beagle picked up their first points of term. Clifford beat Rufforth United 4-3 and The Beagle drew 1-1 at Pollington, for whom Joe Lock scored.

In Division Three, James Buchanan scored four in vain for Helperby United in their 6-5 defeat to table-toppers Garforth WMC. Mark Jackson hit his side's other goal.

Andy Richardson struck a hat-trick to help Fulford United win 8-0 against Swinton. Charlie Armitage (2), Tom Hannan, Ellis Carter and Damian Giliga were also on target.

Kieron Waterson netted a treble for Walnut Tree in a 6-0 success over Selby Olympia while Duncombe Park drew 0-0 with Elm Park.

York RI lost 4-2 at to Bishop Wilton.

Huntington Rovers maintained their 100 per cent record in Reserve ‘A’ with a 5-4 defeat of old rivals Dunnington.

Lee McQuade bagged a brace for Rovers with Ashley Hill, Gary Mitchinson and Oliver Hanley also netting to see their side to the top of the division.

Harry Blackwill, Fin Smith, Sam Fowler and Callum Richardson replied for Dunnington.

Dringhouses’ unbeaten run came to an with a 6-1 demolition by Old Malton St Mary’s.

Pocklington Town had Jonathan Parsons and Huw Jones both hit double strikes as they gained a 7-3 home success over Church Fenton.

Joe Schofield scored for Poppleton but his side suffered a 4-1 setback against Easingwold Town.

Tockwith enjoyed a 4-3 victory at Thorpe United.

Haxby Town made it three wins from three in Reserve ‘B’ as a James Gilbertson brace gave them a 2-1 success over Copmanthorpe, whose reply came via an own goal.

Brad Walters hit all of the Rufforth United goals as they defeated Rawcliffe 4-1. Ricky Hunter bagged the away side’s consolation.

Lewis Keenan struck for Osbaldwick in their 1-1 draw at Malt Shovel and Tadcaster Magnets beat Bishopthorpe United 5-2.

Strensall Tigers sit atop Reserve ‘C’ following their 4-2 home win over Fulford United. Goals from Kieran Flanagan, Liam Wingfield, Jonny Cooper and Shane Bogg ensured the home side collected the points. Joe Konarski and Ryan Watts got onto the scoresheet for Fulford.

Harrison Signs enjoyed a 3-0 half-time lead against Civil Service, but the hosts’ commanding second-half performance saw Alex Day bag four goals to ensure his second-placed side took the points.

James Nelson hit a penalty for Wheldrake at Heslington in a 2-1 defeat for the visitors.

James Thorpe scored the only goal of the game as Sporting Knavesmire defeated Cliffe and Marston Green lost out by the odd goal in seven to 4-3 victors Brooklyn.

Crayke United are through to the second round of the York FA Saturday Junior Cup after beating Wheldrake 5-3. Crayke will travel to Elmpark on Saturday, October 26.