DRINGHOUSES moved four points clear at the top of the York Minster Engineering League premier division following a 2-0 defeat of reigning champions Old Malton St Mary's.

First-half goals from Matthew Mulhearn and Ben Lock put the Acomb side in command and, despite a chance-filled second half, neither side could add to the scoreline.

Thorpe United went second after a convincing 4-1 defeat of Wigginton Grasshoppers. The hosts dominated and forced Wiggy goalkeeper Michael Clancy into two excellent double saves early in the contest.

After hitting the woodwork three times, Thorpe finally took the lead through Paul Moran's volley before James Barrett doubled their advantage, slotting home a rebound after another good Clancy save.

Wiggy rallied towards the end of the first half and missed three good chances, but Gary Collier effectively ended the contest with a curling shot on the turn from 20 yards.

Moran added his second and Thorpe's fourth before Jamie Green netted a consolation for Grasshoppers.

Huntington Rovers fought back from a 3-1 half-time deficit against Dunnington with goals from Ben Calam and Jon James earning a 3-3 draw. Chris Dyson scored Rovers' first-half goal.

F1 Racing moved up to sixth with a 4-3 defeat of a spirited Sporting Knavesmire, who almost fought back from 4-1 down and pushed F1 all the way.

Two goals from Milan Manandhar, a 25-yard rocket from Jon Giordano and a Dan Hickey effort had put F1 in charge and proved enough at the final whistle.

Striker Luke Wilkinson gave Poppleton United a half-time lead at Copmanthorpe and added to his tally in the second period, with Reece Holmes also finding the net to earn Poppleton a 3-1 win.

Ben Jones replied for the hosts.

Tadcaster Magnets climbed to eighth place after putting Kirkbymoorside to the sword with an 8-0 win.

Hemingbrough United defeated Easingwold Town 4-2.

Strensall are four points clear at the top of division one following their 6-1 demolition of Haxby Town. The home side’s long-suffering former Joseph Rowntree School partnership of Kieran Harris and Josh Winn bagged a brace apiece in the win with Jack Bell and Joe Davison completing the Strensall scoring.

Osbaldwick earned a point from their 3-3 draw at home to Rawcliffe. Nick Lawrie, Jack Brimmell and Fergus McAughtrie struck for Osso with Rawcliffe’s efforts coming from Dan Hobson, Niall Smallwood and Dan Zambelli.

Riccall United defeated Malton & Norton 2-0 thanks to strikes from Tom O’Neill and Louis Blackwell.

Cliffe are still chasing their first points of the season after suffering a 7-1 thumping at Pocklington Town. Sam Parkinson fired four for Pock with Steve Mounser, Chris Gowan and Jason Nattrass also finding the net after Cliffe went a goal up.

A penalty from Dan Atkinson and a strike from 16-year-old Bailey Camerin earned top of the table Barmby Moor a 2-1 win against division two rivals Wheldrake.

Nick Horne (2) and Dan Gibney scored for Wilberfoss but could not prevent an 8-3 loss at third-placed Wombleton.

Alex Clark netted for Heslington in a 1-1 draw at Bubwith and Brooklyn edged a nine-goal thriller with Rufforth, a late goal sealing a 5-4 success.

With division three leaders Garforth WMC in cup action, York St John University made the most of their chance to close the gap at the top.

Sam Clarke scored a hat-trick in the students' 6-0 win over Duncombe Park. Jack Drummond, Alex Cottenden and Alistair Harvey bagged one apiece.

Elm Park sit fifth following a 3-2 victory at Selby Olympia thanks to Gary Rylance, Jordan Siswick and Nathan Wright goals, while Bishop Wilton beat LNER Builders 6-2.

A rampant Dringhouses maintained their 100 per cent record at the top of Reserve 'A' after coming from behind to beat Easingwold Town 10-3 thanks to strikes from James Robinson (2), Cameron Hall (2), Nick Hutton (2), Joe Rawcliffe, Sam Backhouse, Reece Botterill and Sam Drake.

Also with a perfect start to term, Dunnington had to work every step of the way for a 4-2 success over Thorpe United. Iain Blackburn, Harry Blackwell, Sam Fowler and James Hampshire scored for Dunnington.

Joe Schofield and Niall Kirby struck for Poppleton United in an 8-2 home defeat to Pocklington Town.

Tom Pepper (2) and James Sutton scored for Wigginton Grasshoppers, who lost 8-3 to Old Malton St Mary's.

Hemingbrough United continue to set the pace in Reserve 'B', beating Bishopthorpe United 4-1.

James Gilbertson (2) scored late on to secure a 2-1 win for Haxby Town over Osbaldwick, whose Tom Burdett had equalised.

Lewis Chipchase, Phil Martin and Morgan Copley struck for Rufforth United in a 3-1 win at Malt Shovel.

Rawcliffe United stalwart Ricky Hunter (2), Joe Hobson and Billy Arnett scored twice in a 4-3 defeat of Stamford Bridge, who had Jonny Rowsthorne, Chris Bowles and John Willmoth hitting the target.

New Reserve 'C' leaders Strensall had Shane Bogg (3), Kieran Flanagan (2), Tom Wood, Drew Brabbs and Jonny Cooper scoring in an 8-0 whitewash of Wheldrake.

Goals from Tom Perkins (2) and a Mark Lund penalty saw Civil Service come from behind to win 3-2 at Fulford.

Brooklyn lost 6-2 at Harrison Signs.