HEWORTH ARLC cruised into the Kingstone Press National Conference League division three play-off final with a crushing 68-16 win over Drighlington.

The visitors to Elmpark Way had no answer to the Villagers' free flowing style of attacking rugby, which saw them rack up 13 tries to dominate the match from start to finish.

Prior to kick off, a minute's applause was held in memory of former Heworth scrum-half Mick O'Gorman, who died last week.

Heworth signalled their intentions after only two minutes when second rower Liam Watling sent centre George Elliott racing away and he handed on to full-back Fraser West, who crossed for an unconverted score.

On four minutes Watling was again the provider with an identical move but this time it was Elliott who touched down and stand-off James Morland added the extras.

Three minutes later the visitors finally managed to get their hands on the ball and winger Dan Cahill went over to score to reduce the deficit.

The home side's response was immediate and Morland put Watling through for their third try which the stand-off goaled to make it 16-4.

On 19 minutes Drighlington looked to have kept themselves in the game after the hosts' defence failed to deal with a high attacking kick and winger Dan Sanderson pounced to score an opportunist try. Scrum-half Mick Sanderson converted.

Heworth were soon back into their stride and on the half hour mark scrum-half Liam Jackson and West set up a touchdown for centre Gareth Watson, who was followed over the whitewash four minutes later by Elliott after good approach work by Morland and Watling.

The hosts were now rampant and in the closing seconds a towering bomb by Morland was allowed to bounce. Substitute Charlie Magill gathered and unselfishly fed Jackson, who crossed under the posts for winger Jake Atkinson to add the extras for a 30-10 half-time lead.

There was no let up by the Black and Whites in the second period and on 50 minutes winger Billy Sturdy broke away down the left side and found second rower Fergus Chapman up in support to cross for another Atkinson goaled effort.

On the hour mark a good passing movement put Chapman over for his second score which Morland improved to put them out of sight at 42-10.

It was all one way traffic now and the Villagers posted three more touchdowns from Jackson, prop Joe Deighton and Watling along with conversions by Morland and substitute Adam Speck.

With five minutes remaining Cahill crossed for his second try, goaled by Sanderson as a mere consolation for the dejected visitors.

There was still time for Sturdy and Atkinson to dot down for the hosts and West's final conversion wrapped up a stunning victory, which sets up a promotion final decider with Dewsbury Celtic at Elmpark Way on Saturday.

In another impressive all-round performance, Jackson and Deighton featured in the Villagers' man of the match awards.