SELBY Town secured a place in the first round proper of the FA Vase with a commanding 3-1 victory at Wythenshawe Amateurs.

The Robins hit back from a goal down to win the second round qualifying tie with two goals from Chris Jackson - the second from the penalty spot - and one from Liam Flanagan.

The visitors had the better of the first half an hour, but it was Amateurs who took the lead when Cory Knight prodded home on 38 minutes.

The Robins roared back and were back on terms before the break. Josh Walker burst down the left and his inch-perfect low cross was swept in by Jackson.

Danny Walker thought he had given Selby a half-time lead, but his effort was chalked off for offside.

A Selby goal looked on the cards for much of the second period and it arrived on 62 minutes when Charlie Clamp won the ball in midfield, a neat pass fed Walker, and he found Flanagan, who finished well.

The game was safe five minutes from time when Walker ran at the left side of the Wythenshawe defence and was brought down in the penalty area.

Jackson rifled the ball high into the net past the goalkeeper’s left hand from the spot kick.

The next round of the Vase is due to be played on October 12.

Tadcaster Albion came from behind to win 2-1 at home to Marine in the BetVictor Northern Premier north/west division.

Ken Strickland gave the visitors the lead on 28 minutes, but Don Chimalilo levelled 10 minutes later and Jacob Day hit the winner 14 minutes from time.

The Brewers, who host South Shields in the first round of the Integro League Cup on Tuesday (7.45pm), are up to seventh in the table after their third win from five games.

Pickering Town went down 3-1 at Kendal Town in the same division.

Emil Jaaskelainen’s 11th minute goal was the difference between the sides at half-time and Nathan Cloudsdale made it 2-0 on 47 minutes.

Patrick Allington got a third for the hosts on 59 minutes before Matty Turnbull pulled a goal back for the Pikes on 67 minutes.

The defeat leaves Pickering at the foot of the table.

In the premier division, Scarborough conceded three goals in the last 15 minutes as they lost 3-2 at Nantwich Town.

Luke Lofts had given the Seadogs a 15th minute lead and James Walshaw added a second a minute later.