TADCASTER Albion travel to Ashton United tonight (7.45pm) for an FA Cup replay after the Lancastrians earned a 2-2 draw at the Global Stadium.

Goals from Kevin Santos and Ioan Evans were twice cancelled out by the Northern Premier League premier division visitors in the first qualifying round.

The winner will host Pontefract Collieries over the weekend of Saturday, September 21.

Taddy boss Curtis Woodhouse said: "The lads gave everything, they ran themselves into the ground.

"I’m really really frustrated we haven’t won because we absolutely should have but I’m proud of how far we have come as a team, and 2-2 means we are still in the hat.

"It's always nice when the opposing manager speaks highly about your team. The lads should be really proud - but Tuesday we go and finish the job.”

Loan keeper David Robson came in place of absent keeper Michael Ingham while John Lufundu made his first start at right-back following Josh Barrett's red card the previous weekend.

Taddy dominated the opening 12 minutes and could have scored. Alex Wiles put Donald Chimalilo away down the right flank but Jonathon Margetts miscued the cut-back from the edge of the box, before he then headed over a precision free kick from Jake Rose.

Having weathered the storm, Ashton got into the game with a Chris Rowney effort, John Pritchard's near-perfect free kick that cleared everybody and Sam Sheridan’s 18-yard shot.

The Brewers took the lead on 29 minutes when Santos collected Margett's through ball and rounded former York City keeper Jon Worsnop before rolling the ball into an empty net.

But Ashton got their breakthrough just after the hour. Sheridan’s 30-yard free kick was not cleared and Luca Havern headed home from close range.

A minute later, the Brewers were back in front as Ioan Evans met Margett's cross and thundered a header into the corner of the net for his second goal in as many matches.

The lead lasted just eight minutes, though, as Tadcaster yet again failed to deal with danger and Hughes was presented with a simple nod in

Kain Rogerson looked as though he might win it at the death for Taddy. Stewart threaded the ball through and midfielder Rogerson took the ball around Worsnop, but shot into the side netting. It would not have mattered anyway as the assistant's flag was raised.

Pickering Town's poor run of form continued at the weekend with a 2-0 FA Cup first qualifying round defeat at 1874 Northwich.

Scott McGowan scored in the 39th and 88th minutes to secure a good win for the North West Counties League premier division hosts.

The Pikes tonight host Mossley in the NPL north/west division. The ninth-placed visitors are so far winless on their travels, and were most recently knocked out of the FA Cup by Widnes, who won 3-2 in Greater Manchester.

Selby Town plummeted out of the top four in the Northern Counties East League premier division after losing 3-2 at Nostell Miners Welfare.

Chris Jackson and Liam Flanagan gave the Robins a 2-0 half-time lead but the hosts fought back in the second period with a Danny Edwards brace and Rhys Meynell's header.

Selby sit fifth in the table, but still within just three points of leaders Skegness Town.