HEWORTH ARLC consolidated their play-off position in Kingstone Press National Conference League division three with an emphatic 44-16 success over Millom at Elmpark Way.

The Villagers led 24-0 at the break after a totally dominant first half in which they posted five unanswered tries including a hat-trick by centre James Morland.

The Cumbrian outfit showed some resilience in the second period to register three touchdowns of their own but the Black and Whites were always in control and four further tries ensured a comprehensive victory.

The hosts were quick out of the blocks and in the fifth minute full-back George Elliott fielded an attacking kick close to his own line and raced 60 metres downfield before being hauled down.

The visitors were slow to respond and the ball went through several pairs of hands which resulted in Morland going over for his first try in the right corner.

Five minutes later following another quick passing movement second rower Fergus Chapman crossed close to the posts for Elliott to add the extras.

On 23 minutes centre Joe Deighton blasted his way through the defensive line to score direct from a tap penalty 30 metres out and Elliott's conversion made it 16-0.

The Villagers were now on the front foot, running the ball at every opportunity and some impressive handling led to Morland completing his hat-trick with tries in the 26th and 31st minute respectively to put them 24-0 at the interval.

Heworth showed no signs of letting up and 12 minutes into the second half scrum-half Liam Jackson and Elliott combined to send second rower Liam Watling charging over for a well worked score goaled by Elliott.

Millom kept battling away and were rewarded when prop Astin Mossop went in for a try improved by full back Lee Postlethwaite.

On 64 minutes a Jackson break led to winger James Gill crossing for an unconverted touchdown before visiting second rower Tom Sibley crashed over for another Postlethwaite goaled effort to make it 34-12.

Seven minutes from time loose forward Dave Hayes replied for Heworth and Elliott slotted his final conversion before loose forward Charlie Emsley notched Millom's third try on 77 minutes.

The Villagers had the final word with man of the match Deighton touching down right on the final whistle.