CHAMPIONS Old Malton St Mary's overcame a scare to beat Ryedale rivals Kirkbymoorside 6-3 in the York Minster Engineering Football League premier division.

Kirkbymoorside raced into a 2-0 lead at home to St Mary's, but the unbeaten visitors quickly recovered their composure and won with goals from Steve Baxter (2), Marcus Godsell, Dean Nuttall, Stuart Rice and Josh Bown.

Wigginton Grasshoppers had to wait until six minutes from time to break the deadlock with Easingwold Town.

In a game which saw both sides hit a post and the bar, Grasshoppers looked the more likely to emerge victorious as the game went on.

A long ball from Josh Luckhurst found Matthew Tiplady, with the striker slotting the ball under the keeper to claim the points and a 1-0 victory.

Dunnington made it three wins out of four with a 2-0 success over Thorpe United. Isaac Overton and Tom Fleet bagged the all-important goals.

Chris Dyson came off the bench to net four goals for Huntington as they returned to form, putting seven past Copmanthorpe.

Jonny Bullivant, Will Edmond and Jon Paul Vass also struck for the winners with Tom Paley and Liam Stilgoe hitting the target for Copmanthorpe.

The match had looked evenly poised at half-time with a 1-1 scoreline, with Rovers pulling clear late in the game.

Reg Miah was sent off for Poppleton United in their game at Tadcaster Magnets, but the away side hung on to claim an impressive point thanks to an Alan Boyd goal.

Liam Farr hit the home team's goal.

Alex Martin struck two well-taken goals as F1 moved 2-0 ahead in their game with Sporting Knavesmire.

The hosts pulled one back before the break but neither side could add to the scoreline in the second half despite both teams creating a host of chances.

The pressure of a red card and a sin bin told on Church Fenton as they succumbed to a 5-1 home loss against Hemingbrough United.

Jamie Hardaker hit the consolation for Fenton but they were outscored by efforts from Liam Brown (3), Daniel Thompson and Craig Allen.

Strensall Tigers made it two wins out of two with a 4-1 success at Haxby United.

Josh Winn opened the scoring with a pinpoint 20 yard free-kick after 25 minutes and the scoreline remained unaltered until the second period.

Further goals from Arron Rose and Mark Unwin were outpointed by a 70-yard effort from Strensall goalkeeper Josh Archer as the visitors claimed the points. Adam Chaplin netted for Haxby.

Aiden Butler struck to earn Riccall United a point from their home clash with Rawcliffe.

Henry Wharton hit the visitors' goal in the 1-1 draw.

Fergus Mcaughtrie struck a wonder goal to give Osbaldwick the lead at Harrison Signs but the hosts came back to record a 3-1 success.

Malt Shovel used the advantage of the wind to push Cliffe back in the first half of their contest and went close to opening the scoring on two occasions through Jack Morris and Stocks.

Morris saw red on the stroke of half-time but this didn't halt Shovel's progress, the hosts netting a deserved winner when Darren Moore's pull back was despatched by Luke Pearse.

Steve Hoggard, Jamie Allen and Connor Pickering fired Malton & Norton to a 3-2 triumph over Stamford Bridge.

Tockwith defeated Marston Green 3-1.