YORK Acorn ARLC kept up the pressure on the top two in National Conference League division one with a 64-16 home win over Skirlaugh.

The Blue and Golds dominated from the kick off at Thanet Road and they took a 10th minute lead when scrum-half Lewis Brown and full-back Joe Budd exchanged passes before the latter sent winger Ryan Gallacher over for a try goaled by stand-off Antony Chilton.

The lead was doubled on the 15-minute mark when Chilton slipped a clever pass to Budd and he cut through with ease to score a try goaled by Chilton.

Gallacher then took a pass from an attacking scrum heel in the Skirlaugh 20 on 23 minutes, before using his pace to notch his second four pointer. Chilton's conversion made it 18-0.

On 38 minutes Budd made a telling break before putting second rower Matthew Woods in for a try goaled by Chilton.

On the stroke of half-time, a towering Chilton crossfield kick to the corner eluded everyone except Acorn wide man Josh Thompson, who crossed for a try and Chilton converted for a 30-0 lead.

On 42 minutes, impressive Acorn back rower Tom Holder evaded several tacklers to score at the side of the posts. Chilton's added his sixth conversion.

Skirlaugh got over the try line on 43 minutes when prop forward Keegan Foster powered over and veteran playmaker Carl Puckering goaled.

From the kick off, Acorn man of the match Martin Pedersen Scott left a trail of would be tacklers on a powerhouse run to the line. Chilton once again goaled.

More Acorn pressure brought a score on 58 minutes when quick hands saw Pedersen Scott go over in the corner.

Pedersen Scott then turned provider when he broke down the left edge channel to send Thompson over for another unconverted try out wide.

Another rampaging Pedersen Scott run and offload to the supporting Brown saw the nippy scrum-half race over for a try goaled by Chilton.

On 70 minutes, Chilton's magical boot was then complemented by a piece of quality handling by centre Jordan Potter to create a try for Gallacher.

Skirlaugh never stopped trying and they scored on 75 minutes through scrum-half Joe Sherwood and on 78 minutes through second rower Wes Newton, to which hooker Harvey Gotts converted.

Acorn had the final word when centre Potter crossed for a try.

Impressive performers for a dominant Acorn were debutant sub forward Eddie Prescott, who shone in defence, and fellow sub forward Alex Hardcastle, who carried well.