BUBWITH were crowned division one champions in the Foss Evening Cricket League, not losing a game all season.

The table-toppers won nine of their 14 games, with the other five rained off.

Osbaldwick finished second in the table, while Yapham and Barmby Moor struggled and were relegated to division two.

New comers to the league Thixendale clinched top spot in division two by one point, just edging past Pocklington.

Woodhouse Grange and the Wellington were relegated to division three, after struggling to get results against tough opposition.

A hard-hitting batting display by Bolton Percy assured them of second place in division three.

Bolton Percy, batting first, made a huge 183-5 in their 20 overs, with openers Tom Atkinson (66) and Mathew Howden (62no) setting the tone early on.

Ed Noble (29) had a great cameo as they set an unassailable target.

Heslington, who had started the match needing a win for promotion, were unable to match the same ferocity of a strengthened Bolton Percy side, as they were bowled out for 86 in 19 overs.

Robbie Stondage (25) top scored for Heslington, with Mathew Howden (1-0-5-3) starring with the ball.

Heworth beat Tang Hall Tigers, in a result which secured Heworth’s position in division three for another season.

Tigers, who were already relegated, made 95-6 off their 20 overs, with opener Steve Clarke (28) making a good start.

Heworth were strong in their chase, and made up for the loss of an early wicket with good batting from Jack Wilkinson (31) and Will Etty (27), taking them to a match winning position, finishing on 98-6 with four balls to go.

Heworth were saved from relegation despite finishing on the same number of points as Heslington, due to winning one extra game.

It was a night for batting in the game between Stamford Bridge and Londesborough Park.

Bridge batted first and, despite losing an early wicket, Ollie Pimlott (52no) and Liam Easton (49no) helped set a big score.

Park too lost an opener early in their innings, but a calculated batting display from Lucas Stephenson (79no) and Martin Pearson (26no) took them to victory with four balls to spare.

Kelfield ended their division four campaign with a win over Copmanthorpe.

Kelfield made 123-6 in their 18 overs, which was bolstered by a 65-run partnership for the second wicket between P Corfield (48) and Craig Lawson (40).

Cop’s Joseph Cooper was busy in the field, with two wickets, a catch and a run out.

Cop would require a strong start and the loss of the top order wickets cheaply left opener Nick Dale (26)

with a job to do.

Craig Lawson (4-0-15-3) featured again with the ball, aided ably by C Walker (4-0-16-3). Cop finished on 94-8, finishing bottom of the league.

The game between Asgard Vikings and Ovington featured over 370 runs.

Kalpesh Maheswari (62) and Sudhir Prabhu (67) were frantic with the bat, as was Sankara Dhakshinamurthy (39) at number three.

Montgomery Grenyer (7-0-77-6) took wickets but, with the ball continuously sailing to the boundary, Vikings finised on 210-8.

Ovington lost an early wicket but then a fantastic partnership between Thomas Cookson (100) and Charlie Buckley (51) looked set to take them home. Loss of wickets stifled the run chase, as they finished on 169-4 in 20 overs.

Division four champions Stockton & Hopgrove finished the season in ideal fashion as they beat Wheldrake.

S&H, batting first, scored 131-1 with a opener Jamie Kerrison (78) carrying his bat, and Phil Herridge made 35.

Wheldrake made 100-6, but batsmen getting starts and not being able to push on, dented their hopes of a victory.