A SECOND-WICKET partnership of 171 between Grant Halder (99no) and Mark Tennant (76no) ensured Driffield Town claimed a nine-wicket victory at Whitkirk in the Hunters York & District Senior League premier division.

Halder also shared an opening stand worth 68 with Alec Drury (31) as the visitors chased down a target of 238-5.

The home side's total included half-centuries from Simon Webb (58), Mark Murphy (54) and Josh Watson (65no) – the latter pair adding 95 in 96 balls for the fourth wicket whilst Jordan Caley returned the best figures of the match taking 3-41.

Second placed Acomb also enjoyed a nine-wicket victory although they faced a more modest target, Chris Alpin (4-20) and Joe Dale (3-8) combining to bowl out Malton & Old Malton for 117 at The Green.

The visitors made a bright start, reaching 51-1 thanks to opener Michael Linsley (26). Daniel Foxton managed 28 but the home side were always in control once wickets began to fall.

Joe Dale backed up his bowling performance, scoring exactly half the runs required for a score of 59 not out and the sixth time he has passed 50 this season. William Wade, who has been equally impressive, finished unbeaten on 39 as the pair raced to the target inside 17 overs.

Studley Royal’s first win in five rain-affected weeks sees them climb to third, but contrasting fortunes meant a third straight defeat plunges Sheriff Hutton Bridge into the relegation places.

That all came about as a result of a low-scoring game at Galphy Road which the home side won by 49 runs. They battled their way to 146-9 thanks largely to Mike Fleming (29) and Rob Nicholson (30), the latter one of three wickets to fall to Ben Harrison (3-26).

The visitors struggled from the outset and lost their last six wickets in the space of 26 runs, Dan Craven the chief beneficiary finishing with 4-29.

Hull Zingari’s resurgence continued as they came out on top after a hard fought draw against York at Clifton Park.

Tom Forsdike (5-55) took five wickets as the visitors were bowled out for 236, Fergus Wilkinson (55) scoring a half-century and Nathan Johnson (49) just missing out on what would have been his second in as many weeks.

The hosts' reply was built around Matthew Bell with 84 and Bevan Fawcett who backed up last week’s 50 not out with 64.

There were three wickets for Johnson (3-67) in a gripping run chase which ended with just five runs separating the sides by the close.

There was a similarly close finish at Norwood Park, this time hosts Beverley Town taking the majority of the points after finishing on top by just 10 runs.

Town's total of 222-8 owed much to Brad Dobson (61) and Rob Fish (42) who scored 94 for the third wicket after opener Will Parker (33) had been dismissed.

Ben Fish and Andrew Hamson (32 off 28) took up the fight late on as Stephen Piercy sought to stem the scoring, finishing with 3-64.

The Easingwold skipper then opened the innings with a half-century but three wickets from James Emery (3-38) set them back.

A 67 run six-wicket stand between Zak Wilson (51) and Josh Sargent (33) meant a home win looked likely until two wickets in the penultimate over from Matthew Saint (3-63) forced the home side onto the defensive as they reached the close nine down on 212.

A second successive defeat for Folkton & Flixton, this time by 122 runs at Pickering, means they drop three places in the table.

Andrew Sharman (68) and Ryan Boyes (50) both scored half-centuries and Daniel Ward (48) came close as the home side notched up an imposing 272-9, with Harry Walmsley claiming three wickets but at a cost of 84.

The visitors struggled in reply, losing half of their wickets before the score had reached 80, David Greenlay doing most of the damage on his way to figures of 4-24.

Jake Hatton held up the victory charge with 38, only to succumb with the draw in sight just a couple of overs away.