IT is all change at the top of the York & District Senior Cricket League division one after rain curtailed the matches involving the former front-runners.

Goole Town take over as leaders after they completed back-to-back victories for the first time this season, winning at Driffield Town by two wickets.

Owen Goldsworthy top scored for the home side with 61. Their total of 217-7 included useful contributions from Harvey Dixon (43), James Foster (41) and Carl Busfield (32), while Ben Lamb (3-60) picked up three wickets for the visitors.

Goole’s reply centred on a partnership between Ben Shelton (55) and Kevin Murphy, with the latter finishing unbeaten on 47 as the away side survived a fightback from Dixon (3-36) and Nicky Johnson (3-44) who both picked up late wickets to set up a tense finale.

Knaresborough moved back into the promotion places with a resounding eight-wicket victory at Dringhouses.

The hosts lost their first five wickets for only 29 runs, with three going to Jordan Tear (4-19). Liam Hancy provided some respite for the division’s bottom side but his 40 was one of only two double-figure scores in a total of 93 as the innings concluded inside 27 overs.

An unbroken stand of 41 between Greg Pickles (37 not out) and his captain Dave Girling (25 not out) sealed the visitors’ third win from four matches.

Welton openers Matthew Wilkinson (164) and Chris Goodwin (102) both scored half-centuries against Driffield Town last week - but those performances paled into insignificance compared to their outstanding efforts against Harrogate, with both batsmen making hundreds before rain during the interval at St George’s Road caused the match to be abandoned.

The visitors, who went into the match as division leaders, scored 307-6 despite three wickets each from Ethan Westerman (3-66) and Ben Bartlett (3-75) but this result drops them down to third.

Woodhouse Grange lost out to the weather for the second time in three weeks. However, given the position of the match at Carlton Towers, the rain may have counted as a blessing. Chasing Carlton's total of 218, the visitors slumped to 94-5 in reply.

Earlier in the day, the home side had been almost entirely reliant on Mark Holmes’ (121) century after three wickets from Richard Walton (3-55) had helped reduce them to 59-5.

Hornsea’s first win of the season saw them climb away from the bottom of the table as a strong performance from three of their top four helped overcome Clifton Alliance at Clifton Park.

Kevin Bradley’s 85 provided more than half the home side's total of 167, while Billy Ineson (3-13) was the pick of the visiting bowlers. After the loss of an early wicket, opener Paul Clappison (52) - alongside both Ashley McKinley (40) and Richard Medforth (47) - took their side to within sight of what would be a four-wicket win.

Rain spoilt what looked to be a finely-balanced tussle between Bolton Percy and Heworth at North Road.

Danny White (3-40) took three wickets as the visitors reached 183-9, Jack Wilkinson (35) and Alfie Oliver (38) providing notable contributions.

Oliver (4-28) then picked up all four wickets to fall in the home side's reply, which was poised at 123-4 when the rain arrived, leaving Jacob Green unbeaten on 40.