YORK Minster Engineering Football League premier division leaders Huntington Rovers dropped points for the third consecutive week.

Rovers went down 2-1 at Dunnington, the same team who had held them to a 2-2 draw seven days earlier.

The result opens the door for Old Malton St Mary’s to take the initiative in the title race as they are now two points behind the table toppers with two games in hand.

Rovers created several early chances but Dunnington's Joe Allerton netted twice before the break to give his side the advantage.

The second period saw Rovers come out attacking again and midway through the half a Jonny Bullivant cross found James Edmond lurking in the box, the striker steering the ball into the net with his head to make it 2-1.

Old Malton St Mary’s made the most of Rovers’ slip-up, defeating Dringhouses by 3-0.

Jack Simpson opened the scoring before Marcus Godsell made it 2-0 from the penalty spot. Damon Cox added the third late in the game.

Thorpe United moved up to sixth with an 8-1 hammering of Tadcaster Magnets.

Liam McEntee bagged a hat-trick for Church Fenton as they leapfrogged Poppleton United into seventh position following their 6-3 home victory over their rivals.

Scott Nicholas, Chaz Wrigley and Matthew Howgate were also on the mark in the win.

F1 Racing found themselves 2-0 down to Hemingbrough United in the first half but a purple patch five minutes before the break saw them go in 3-2 up.

As the second half progressed, F1 grew stronger and stronger, eventually ending the game with a 7-2 success.

Chris Dempsey (3), Solly Tomlin-Kent (2), George Trifan and Oli Kilvington collected the F1 Racing haul.

Pocklington Town maintained their seven-point lead at the top of division one with a 1-0 success over Haxby Town.

Easingwold Town are in second place and have three games in hand on the leaders following a 4-2 win over Malton & Norton.

Ollie Longbottom scored twice for Easingwold with Nick Kennedy and Tom Rushworth also making the scoresheet.

Luke Quantock’s goal earned Strensall Tigers a point from their trip to Tockwith, though the result did neither side any real favours in their promotion quests. Jim Gledhill was on target for the hosts.

A last-minute penalty from Dave Hartas gained Rawcliffe a 4-3 triumph at Bishopthorpe United.

The visitors found themselves two goals adrift midway through the second half but produced a fighting finish to secure the points.

Louis Howarth and Stuart Jenkins (2) struck Rawcliffe’s other goals.

James Arnold bagged a five-goal haul for Riccall United as they cruised to a 7-1 win at Harrison Signs.

Aiden Butler and Josh Brigham also netted.

Cliffe trailed at Heworth four times before gaining a 5-4 victory. Efforts from Kieran Gallagher, Tom Hogg, Tom Collins and Isaac Leach, along with an own goal, sealed the success.

Civil Service continue to lead division two after Luke Addison’s winner in the eighth minute of stoppage time handed them a 4-3 triumph over Cawood.

Declan Richardson had initially put Service ahead but the sides had gone in level at half-time.

Addison hit his first of the game to make it 2-1 to the visitors and Sam Hardcastle put them further in front before Cawood fought back to make it 3-3 late in the game before being cruelly denied a point by the late effort from the in-form hitman.

Rufforth United remain a point behind following a 5-1 success at Brooklyn.

Stamford Bridge occupy third spot, a 6-2 win at Bubwith White Swan ensuring that they remain three points from the summit.

Nathan Spreckley hit a hat-trick for Stamford with Adam Harrison (2) and Paul Upton also hitting the target.

Danny Harrison-Little and Cal Hannigan fired The Beagle to the points in a 2-1 victory at Malt Shovel.

Wilberfoss defeated Barmby Moor 7-3.

The weather called a halt to the games involving the top six teams in division three, but the action went ahead at the other end of the table.

Two goals from Matt Warriner nearly gave Stillington Sports & Social Club their first point of the season, but efforts from Shane Bogg (2) and Tom Hilling ensured that Crayke United gained a 3-2 win.

Ryan Cuthbert (2), Ryan Foster, James Buchanan, James Mannion, Simon Webster and Daniel Spink all netted as Helperby put seven past Elm Park without reply.

Fulford United gained a 4-1 home success against Swinton.

Thorpe United suffered their first loss of the season in reserve A, going down 4-3 against Old Malton St Mary’s.

Dunnington joined Thorpe and Huntington Rovers level on points at the top of the division after goals from Cal Davies, James Walker and Brad Bailey gave them a 3-1 victory over Easingwold Town.

Wigginton Grasshoppers’ fall from grace continued as they suffered a 4-2 loss at Hemingbrough United.

John Cavanagh and Alessandro Delrio struck for the visitors.

Ash Newton, Tom Knowles and Jack Hobson were on target for Pocklington Town as they gained a 3-0 triumph over Osbaldwick.

Reserve B leaders Tockwith had the day off and this gave the other teams the chance to close the gap at the top of the table.

Second-placed Dringhouses didn’t waste the opportunity and moved into a 2-0 lead at Stamford Bridge thanks to an own goal and a Joe Rawcliffe strike.

Josh Temple pulled one back for the hosts in the second period, but Myles Frodsham struck to secure a 3-1 win for Houses.

Jack Johnson scored for third-placed Malton & Norton but it wasn’t enough as they were sunk 2-1 by Tadcaster Magnets.

Jacob Green and Sam Green hit Copmanthorpe’s goals in a 4-2 home loss to Bishopthorpe United. Malt Shovel had no trouble in brushing aside F1 Racing, winning 13-2.

Only two games were played in reserve C, with Fulford moving to within a point of the top two after a 4-1 away victory at Wheldrake.

Josh Powell (3) and Joey Carter made the score sheet for Fulford with Steve McClean hitting the hosts’ consolation.

Harrison Signs had a slender 1-0 lead at half-time in their game with Civil Service but the hosts turned the result around with a Mark Lund penalty and a 30-yard screamer from Nathan Harland.