YORK & District Under-14s Schoolboys were knocked out in the first round of the Yorkshire Cup after losing 4-1 at home to East Riding.

Joe Sidebottom got the consolation goal for the hosts, who found themselves three down at the break to their clinical visitors.

York started well, passing the ball out of midfield for the wingers to cross in and had their first chance through Matthew Dawes, who fired over from Tom Algar's free kick.

But, from the goal kick, East Riding launched their own attack and, after winning a free kick on the corner of the York area, took the lead as the hosts failed to clear their lines.

East Riding kept up the pressure and made it two, hitting home after York keeper Louis Powell parried a powerful shot. The visitors went three up four minutes later when countering from a York free kick.

York took the game to East Riding in the second half and Sidebottom almost got his side on the scoresheet after good link-up play from Jacob Batty and Archie Colley.

The hosts continued to push and Sidebottom won a penalty when he was brought down by the keeper, but the latter made amends by saving the spot kick.

East Riding then extended their lead with a neat finish.

York finally found the net through Sidebottom, who finished off a nice passing move on the edge of the area.

Dawes was York's man of the match.

York U12s Schoolboys also suffered a 4-1 home reversal, with Arthur Jefferson-Hallett the only scorer in defeat to Leeds in the Yorkshire League.

A strong, well-organised visiting side took the lead in the first minute, catching York out of position with quick midfield passing.

Leeds got their second just two minutes later. York keeper Jack Yates made a good save but the ball ran free and was tapped home.

York struggled to find a rhythm as Leeds dominated and put pressure on the home defence. It became 3-0 on 25 minutes via a smart finish and 4-0 shortly after the break.

York battled back into the contest, with Harry Fort volleying just over and Kiam Browne having a free kick well saved.

They eventually got reward as Jefferson-Hallett found space to curl right-footed into the top corner.

Keeper Yates and his second-half substitute Jacob Bryant were named York's joint men of the match.

York U11s Schoolboys fought back from 2-0 and 3-2 down at East Riding to win 5-3 in their Yorkshire League fixture.

The visitors looked good from the off enjoying possession and attempts on goal but, against the run of play, East Riding took the lead on the break before making it two with a volley.

York kept pushing and halved the deficit through Ben Farrar who slotted into the bottom left corner from Matty Ellison's pass before levelling when James Borlase knocked in the rebound from a Farrar shot.

Leeds got their noses back in front with a scrappy goal but man-of-the-match Oz Shaw made it 3-3 from an Ellison free kick before Borlase finished from a loose back-pass to put York ahead for the first time.

Max Rhodes made the points safe with a left-footed strike from the edge of the area.