BILLY Whitehouse, Harry Coates, Casey Stewart, Lamin Colley and Joe Lumsden all scored as Tadcaster Albion put Cleethorpes Town to the sword in the second half, beating them 5-1 in their Evo-Stik League East Division clash.

The win sees Tadcaster climb up into fifth place on 19 points putting the midweek cup defeat firmly behind them.

Simon Collins made just the one alteration to the side that crashed out of the FA Trophy in midweek as Chris Howarth came in for Colley.

With scoring goals a recurring issue for Albion in recent weeks, it took only eight minutes for them to put the ball in the net. Aiden Savory sprung the offside trap down the left-hand side before Whitehouse turned in the cross on his second attempt at the near post.

The hosts, who were yet to get going, almost levelled instantaneously as hesitation at the back allowed Brody Robertson a clear chance on goal but he fired over after seeing his initial effort saved by Michael Ingham.

Whitehouse and Ellis Barkworth were working superbly in tandem down the right flank as Albion continued to look the brighter of the two sides. Whitehouse was getting plenty of joy against Laurence McKay as another cross from the winger led to Stewart volleying over.

Taddy were well on top for 25 minutes and looked comfortable but the second period of the first half saw Cleethorpes grow into the contest.

But the Owls drew level. A clever run and reverse ball from Robertson ran kindly into the path of Scott Vernon, who carefully side-footed beyond Ingham in the Albion goal.

It ever so nearly went from bad to worse for Taddy as Vernon returned the favour to strike partner Robertson but Aaron Hardy did just enough to put the Owls man off.

Taddy’s number one goalkeeper was called into action again in the final seconds of the half as he had to smartly get up to his left-hand side to push Robertson’s rasping strike wide of the goal.

However it didn’t take long for the Brewers to reclaim the ascendency back off their opponents as they retook the lead three minutes into the second half. Coates has been incredibly close to scoring from a set-piece on numerous occasions this season and he recorded his first goal for the club, hammering home a rocket header from Whitehouse’s corner.

Cleethorpes squandered a great chance almost immediately after conceding. A fortunate ricochet allowed Robertson to surge clean through on goal but he fired wildly over the mark.

Coates then escaped his man again on a corner kick but could only skim on to Savory, who instinctively headed onto the roof of the net.

Taddy then netted a third goal to add some breathing space. Whitehouse’s clipped ball into the box was beautifully let run across his body by Stewart, bemusing Matthew Bloomer before the Albion forward rifled an unstoppable left-footed strike past Parkin.

Coates and Paddy Miller were gobbling up everything that Clee tried to throw at them as from this point on their only looked to be one winner.

With 14 minutes left on the clock Collins made a double switch which saw Joe Lumsden mark his return from injury as well as Colley also came on.

And it didn’t take long for both to make an immediate impact as they pounced on some tired Cleethorpes legs.

Albion extended their lead further. Pete Davidson’s hook forward saw Town stopper Dylan Parkin rush off his line but he made a real hash of it, completely missing the ball allowing for Colley to roll into the empty net.

Top scorer Lumsden clearly felt left out of all the scoring fun as he marked his return with a standard goal. Hunger and desire shown to hunt the ball down before beating Craig Disley all ends up in the box and nonchalantly sliding underneath Parkin. Boy will Taddy be happy to see this man back.

The Brewers were thoroughly enjoying themselves as Davidson was next to go close as his bending effort from distance whistled agonisingly wide of the left-hand upright.

Tadcaster nearly grabbed a sixth in the final seconds as Lumsden nodded his way into the penalty box and smashed a ferocious half-volley off the inside of the post.