TADCASTER Albion were denied their first-ever FA Trophy victory as hosts Droylsden found a late equaliser in a 1-1 draw.

Casey Stewart's seventh goal of the season gave the Brewers a 68th-minute lead but Brandon Zibaka struck five minutes from time to force a preliminary-round replay at Taddy's i2i Stadium.

Aaron Hardy, Pete Davidson and Harry Coates all earned recalls from the midweek West Riding County Cup win, while former Leeds United striker Liam Dickinson made his bow for the hosts and ex-Manchester United winger Febian Brandy made the starting 11.

The Brewers certainly made the brighter start in Manchester with Stewart, Lamin Colley and Aiden Savory all posing a threat in the early stages. Stewart fired over from range before Billy Whitehouse whipped an inviting ball across the face of goal but his teammates were flat-footed in the area.

Stewart felt he should have had a penalty on 16 minutes after feeling a nudge from behind but the referee waved away.

Droylsden put together their first dangerous attack around the half-hour as Febian Brandy’s cross had to be tipped over by Ingham before Domaine Rouse sent a free header wide of the mark.

Brandy looked the Bloods’ best route to goal with his tricky wing play and, on 31 minutes, he skipped into Albion’s penalty box with a neat nutmeg before blasting across the face of goal with Dickinson coming in a fraction too late.

Two minutes later, the Brewers had an even bigger shout for a penalty kick as Savory used his strength and sent Stewart racing into the penalty area before being clattered from behind by Javan Vidal, but it was again waved away.

After a bright spell by the hosts, Taddy soon regained control, and Colley was next to go close for Simon Collins’ side, but saw his effort was tipped onto the post by Bloods stopper Chris Thompson from Jake Rose's through ball.

Albion should have been ahead and less than 60 seconds later wasted their best chance of the half. Savory was again the provider as he poked Stewart clean through on goal but the forward could only curl wide.

Taddy continued to threaten into the second half, with Savory inches away from sliding home Whitehouse’s drilled cross.

The hosts’ insistence on playing out from the back was almost their undoing as Davidson pressed Domaine Rouse deep in his own half before pinching the ball back in the Droylsden box but the finish from eight yards was a wild one.

Stewart made the breakthrough for the visitors, helping the ball into an empty net from Savory's clip to the back post after Colley had been denied by Thompson.

The Brewers were defending well against a lively and powerful front three, but there always seems to be late drama against Droylsden - and this match was no different. Rouse’s cross found Dickinson who was allowed to control it down with his chest into the path of substitute Zibaka, who drilled under the challenge of Paddy Miller.