SELBY outfit Hounds suffered penalty pain in the West Riding County FA Sunday Cup.

The Fastpack Ltd York Sunday Morning League division one side, who won the West Riding FA Sunday Trophy last season, drew their first round Cup tie with Roberttown Rovers 2-2 before losing 4-2 in a shootout.

Division two side FC Harrogate were also knocked out of the North Riding County FA Sunday Challenge Cup after a 4-3 defeat to Cleveland United, although league rivals Bramham progressed in the West Riding County FA Sunday Trophy thanks to a 4-2 win over FC Armley Reserves.

Division two leaders Thorpe United also progressed with a 4-1 win at AFC Undercliffe, but league rivals K Town United and Kings Head United lost 7-2 to FC Panda and 4-2 to Rodley respectively, and Hambleton conceded their tie at Royal Clayton Reds.

According to the referee, K Town United's tie was apparently the best game he had officiated in 10 years.

Meanwhile, in the York Sunday Morning League’s Senior Cup, Haxby United pipped Bishopthorpe CFC 4-3 after leading 3-2 at the break.

Will Plews, Gonzalo Delgado-Caballero, Daniel Clipston and Arthur Bird scored for Haxby, Christopher Trewick (2) and Connor Watson replying for the visitors.

In the Junior Cup, Oliver Coulthard scored four times as Mitre saw off FC Pollington 7-0, Owen Pudsey (2) and Samson Wildwood also on target.

In-form Tang Hall WMC knocked out Selby Olympia 5-3 thanks to a Connor Wade hat-trick and goals by Bailey Simpson and Roy Page. Thomas Lazenby bagged all three goals for Olympia.

York Medics beat Rawcliffe United 4-2 with goals by Charlie Adams (2), Ali Hassan and Robbie Britland. Stuart Harrison and Luke Frodsham replied.

The sole division one game last week saw Wigginton Grasshoppers gain their first win at Malt Shovel for several years when edging a tight 5-3 result.

Hoppers' Tom Derbyshire opened the scoring with the first of four penalties in the match, before linking with Jamie Willstrop to send the midfielder through to double the lead on the half-hour mark.

Wiggy soon moved further when a loose ball fell to Matty Mulhearn on the edge of the box and he fired a low volley across the goal into the bottom corner.

A penalty on the stroke of half-time saw Shovel cut the deficit to 3-1 but, after further chances came and went at both ends, it was the award of two penalties in two minutes that settled the game.

Harry Clapham and Reuben Young were both felled in the Shovel area and both got up to slot the respective spot kicks home to make it 5-1.

Malt Shovel didn’t give up and late pressure yielded two goals but it was not enough. Their marksmen were Tommy Butterfield (2) and Derry Robson.