TADCASTER Albion were edged out 1-0 by Ossett United, who maintained their unbeaten start to this Evo-Stik League east campaign.

A fortunate second-half goal from Adam Priestley at the i2i Stadium left the Brewers frustrated on a day when marksman Joe Lumsden picked up an awkward-looking injury at the end.

The Brewers started on the front foot and were nearly ahead on nine minutes as Harry Coates had a towering header impressively clawed out of the top corner by United stopper Brett Souter.

Billy Whitehouse and Lamin Colley both caused problems down Taddy's flanks, with only the final ball left to be desired, while Tom Corner quickly became the pantomime villain of the afternoon as he returned to his old stamping ground with several skirmishes drawing increasing noise from the terraces.

It was a stop-start contest, and both sides were forced into an early change midway through the first half, with Chris Howarth replacing Ellis Barkworth for Tadcaster and Corey Gregory coming on in place of Nicky Boshell for the visitors.

And Gregory was only on the pitch for a matter of seconds before he forced Michael Ingham into a save, but the Northern Irishman stood tall to palm away.

Tadcaster did have the ball in the net as forward Lamin Colley fairly contested keeper Souter to flick Billy Whitehouse's high free-kick in, but the seemingly legitimate goal was chalked off.

Taddy's second-half approach play was promising with Colley, Whitehouse and Casey Stewart impressing without creating too many clear-cut chances.

With 20 minutes remaining, a remarkable passage of play saw both teams squander a couple of very good chances, all in the space of 40 seconds. United threatened first with Colley clearing out of his own six-yard box before Ingham saved the fierce follow-up cross.

Albion broke out immediately with Billy Whitehouse setting Joe Lumsden in behind, but after cutting back inside jinking one way then another, Souter denied the top marksman twice.

But it was Ossett who netted the only goal of the game as Aaron Hardy’s backpass lacked legs, allowing for Adam Priestley to pounce, round Ingham and roll home.

Elsewhere in the east division, Pickering Town drew 0-0 at Spalding United. Ryan Blott had a first-half penalty saved while keeper Charlie Andrew put in a man-of-the-match performance for the Pikes' first clean sheet of the season.

In the premier division, a Michael Coulson brace and a finish from Bailey Gooda gave Scarborough Athletic a 3-1 home win over Basford United.

Selby Town moved up to sixth in Northern Counties East League division one with a 2-1 home win over Armthorpe Welfare thanks to goals from Carl Stewart and Liam Neal.

Harrogate Railway Athletic remain bottom of the premier division following 3-1 defeat at Yorkshire Amateur.

Callum Howe and Jonathan Muldoon gave National League leaders Harrogate Town a 2-0 win at Maidstone United.