EARLY York Fastpack Sunday Morning League division one leaders Atlanta have suffered their first defeat of the season.

A close game at Wigginton Grasshoppers saw the hosts come away with a 3-2 win thanks to goals from Neale Holmes, Matthew Mulhearn and Jamie Willstrop.

Shane Hand and Greg Harrison replied for Atlanta.

Bishopthorpe CFC bagged their first win of the season, beating Acomb Club 5-3.

The damage was done in the first half, with visitors Bishopthorpe leading 5-1 at the break. Acomb scored a further two in the second half but could muster no more.

Connor Watson scored a hat-trick and Daniel Zimer a brace for Bishy while on the scoresheet for Acomb Club were Kieran Ledger, Thomas Medd and an own goal.

Haxby United - starting the season later than the rest of the sides - won their first game 5-3 at home to Hambleton.

Haxby’s Harry Moorcroft bagged a hat-trick with Jonny Jackson and Daniel Clipston adding for the home side.

Jonathan Wileman, Kane Snelson and substitute Michael Braithwaite scored for Hambleton.

Division two table-toppers Thorpe United could not make it five wins out of five, but did manage a point out of their 4-4 draw against Kings Head United.

Lewis Webster netted three for Kings Head, with Lewis Hall also adding for the home side.

Dom Balance, Tom Knight, Ben Littlefield and Drew Watson were the scorers for Thorpe United.

Wentworth climbed into second place with a 3-0 win over K Town United.

Both teams were equal in play in the first half, with Wentworth having the better clear-cut chances but failing to put any away.

The second half saw Stephen Smith bag a brace and Jonathan Sutcliffe add to give them the three points.

Selby Olympia hosted Rawcliffe United in a very close game, with the sides inseparable at the break.

The hosts' Thomas Lazenby and Joshua Worsfold made the difference, with Sam Lapish getting a consolation for Rawcliffe United in the 2-1 Selby victory.

Tang Hall WMC claimed the bragging rights this time round as they beat local rivals Mitre 2-1.

Sean Allan and Connor Wade were the difference in the first half for Tang Hall before Oliver Coulthard struck a second-half reply for Mitre.

York Medics claimed a narrow 2-1 home win over bottom side FC Pollington.

In a close game, the sides could not be separated at the break, going in with one apiece, but Medics found the all-important winner in the second half.

George Claeys-Sheridan and Matthew Russell scored for York Medics while Lawrence Burrows scored for FC Pollington.

Last Thursday saw K Town United come away from FC Harrogate with an emphatic 11-0 victory.

Oliver Holdsworth and Bartlomiej Kaminski both scored hat-tricks and Thomas Drake a brace while Liam Edmondson, Jock Houldsworth and Connor Newby were also on target for the visitors.