THE race for the Hunters ECB Yorkshire Premier League North will be decided on Saturday when the top two meet at Clifton Park.

York and Woodhouse Grange both won comfortably in the penultimate round of matches to set up the exciting finale.

The final day of the season will also decide the remaining relegation place.

Driffield Town must beat Scarborough to stand any chance of survival, and even then they will still be reliant on Yorkshire Academy defeating Clifton Alliance.

Duncan Snell's fifth century of the season (128 not out) set up table-topping York for a 143-run victory over Acomb at The Green.

The competition's leading run scorer shared stands of 99 with Nick James (37) and 84 with Charlie Elliot (41) as the visitors reached 239-5.

Tom Neal finished with 3-60 for the home side but could only watch on as Jonathan Moxon (4-53) and Oliver Leedham (3-26) reduced them to 58-8 in reply, with the wickets including that of skipper Neal.

Rhys Hughes came in at nine and top scored with 22 but was unable to lift the total to three figures as the league's bottom side were all out for 96.

Woodhouse Grange now know they will need to bowl out York next week to lift the title, and their bowlers warmed up by dismissing Driffield Town inside 27 overs at Sandhill Lane.

Chris Wood was in devastating form, taking seven wickets for 35 runs in just 6.4 overs.

Mark Goddard stood out for the visitors,making an unbeaten 41 as they were bowled out chasing the hosts' 228-7.

Openers Andrew Bilton (45) and Wood (44) had earlier given the home side a solid foundation, which was built on by Simon Tennant (65) as Nick Hargrave took 4-42 on a wicket clearly suited to the spinners.

Stamford Bridge's slender hopes of a first league title might have dashed by results elsewhere but that didn't prevent them dominating at Clifton Park, where Dominic Rhodes was the stand-out performer in a 144-run victory.

Clifton Alliance were under pressure from the start thanks to a 136-run second-wicket partnership between Ryan Gibson (84) and Ryan McKendry (70) to which Rhodes (52no) added a run-a-ball half-century.

Not content with that, he then used the new ball to knock over five of Alliance's top six, eventually finishing with figures of 5-22 from 10 overs, and Dave Chaplin was again in the wickets, taking 3-34 as the hosts were bowled out for 114.

Sheriff Hutton Bridge beat Yorkshire Academy by 21 runs at Moor Farm, with George Hill's half-century (58) in a losing cause the only innings of real note in a low-scoring contest.

Several in the home side's line-up got starts, among them Louis Foxton (34) and Russell Robinson (31) but none were able to go on.

Six of the seven bowlers utilised by skipper Edward Barnes picked up wickets, with Tom Loten the most effective, taking 3-17 in a total of 186.

Hill apart, the visitors' batsmen struggled, with none reaching 20, Karl Carver taking 4-44 as they were eventually bowled out for 165.

Mark Wilkie has often been at the forefront during Sessay's first season in the top flight, so it was perhaps no surprise that his runs and wickets at North Marine Road helped secure the newcomers' survival, although they left it late winning by four wickets with just five balls to spare.

Scarborough found themselves in real trouble at 104-8, Wilkie (5-36) having been in the wickets, before they were rescued by a league record partnership worth 93 between Jonathan Read (51) and Kristian Wilkinson (52no).

There was no such problem first up for the visitors as openers Mark Wilkie (85) and Mark Jackson (55) put on 117, but the loss for five wickets for 35 runs in the middle of the innings then ensured a nervy ending to the contest.

Castleford and Harrogate may have begun the afternoon with one eye on the league table and results elsewhere but by the end of a nerve-shredding contest at Savile Park all attention was firmly on the field.

Ashley Griffin (5-40) gave the visitors the early advantage with four wickets as the hosts lost their first five for 90.

Eitan Litvin rallied the innings with a half-century (58), and by he was dismissed late on by Tom Geeson-Brown (3-17), the total had reached 175.

The visitors looked in control, with Alexis Twigg (46) and Josh Atkinson (37) going well, but then five wickets from Jack Young (5-40) turned the game on its head, leaving the last pair at the wicket.

When eight off the last over became two off the last ball, Harry Stow held his nerve to strike the winning boundary.