OLD Malton St Mary’s were beaten 1-0 on Saturday as Huntington Rovers maintained their 100 per cent start to the York Minster Engineering League premier division season.

A screamer from the evergreen veteran hitman Chris Dyson in the 88th minute was enough to win the match.

Malton were left licking their wounds as stand in Rovers’ goalkeeper James Edmond had earlier saved a penalty.

An early Jonah Beecher goal nosed Church Fenton ahead against F1 Racing, but the home side soon settled and took control of the game.

Fenton always looked dangerous though and a second Beecher goal just before half-time gave F1 a mountain to climb, and they were unable to make any inroads to overcome a resolute Fenton.

Wigginton Grasshoppers picked up their first win of the season, defeating 10-man Hemingbrough 10-1. Jamie Willstrop and Tichaona Nyenda bagged hat tricks with Harry Clapham and Dale Holding hitting two apiece.

Ben Jones and Liam Stilgoe netted for Copmanthorpe in a 5-2 loss at Thorpe United, while Poppleton Utd and Dunnington both registered 6-2 victories, against Tadcaster Magnets and Osbaldwick respectively.

Last midweek, Old Malton St Mary's put eight past Kirkbymoorside without reply.

Jack Simpson bagged four, with Steve Baxter and Darren Dunning picking up braces.

Elsewhere, Huntington netted a 3-2 win over Dringhouses.

The Acomb side took the lead halfway into the first half through a well-crafted Matthew Mulhearn goal, only for Rovers to equalise in the 37th minute when substitute Alex Burton headed the ball down for Ash Hope to volley in at the far post.

This came after Rovers' keeper had to leave the pitch injured, with James Edmond taking over the gloves.

Dringhouses again took the lead early in the second half after good work down the middle led to a tap-in at the near post for Liam Robertson.

With play going from end to end, Rovers again equalised when Chris Dyson broke down the left and crossed into the middle, only for the full back to get a deflection and beat his goalkeeper, who was wrong-footed.

The game then swung to and fro before Rovers scored their third and decisive goal in the 80th minute when winger John Paul Vass lashed in a screamer over the keeper's head.

Despite late pressure from the Dringy forwards, Rovers held on to claim three vital points.

Champions Wigginton Grasshoppers let a 3-1 lead slip to draw 3-3 with Thorpe United.

Neale Holmes gave the hosts an early lead from the penalty spot, which was soon doubled by Matthew Tiplady.

Mike Braithwaite pulled a goal back for Thorpe shortly after, but when Jamie Willstrop restored Wigginton's advantage, it looked like it would be plain sailing for 'Hoppers.

However, the Selby side had other ideas, and goals from Luke Crowther and Paul Moran earned them a point.

Kasper Kesey and Ryan Ferguson fired Tadcaster Magnets to a 2-1 win over F1 Racing, while Tom Anderson (3) and Samson Wildwood (2) helped Dunnington to a handsome 5-1 success over Sporting Knavesmire.

Oliver Newby and Dan Davison netted for Osbaldwick but they were sunk 5-2 by Church Fenton, whose goals came from Jonah Beecher (2), Lewis Beecher, Scott Nicholas and Neil Drew.

Robin Bedford and Jake Moyse were on target for Copmanthorpe in a 3-2 defeat at Hemingbrough United.