BUBWITH’S march to regain the Foss Evening Cricket League division one title hit a hurdle as Heworth inflicted on them their first defeat of the campaign.

Bubwith were rocked by a devastating spell of 5-9 by Reece Milner, backed up by 2-11 from Alex Bell.

Despite resistance from Elliott Precious, they were reduced to 94 all out.

Heworth also struggled but, despite Harry Collins taking 4-28 and Freddie Collins 2-20, they were able to get home with two wickets remaining.

Bottom side Wellington were prevented from breaking free by tight Woodhouse Grange bowling, especially from Mike Gilbank (2-22), backed by tigerish fielding.

Only Buddi Mirando (31) made a substantial contribution to the final total of 95.

Youngsters Dan Durkin (52) and Luke Bailey (37) made short work of knocking off the runs to record a 10-wicket win for Woodhouse.

A run fest at Yapham saw 344 scored.

Osbaldwick’s Matt Hattee led the way scoring with 113 not out and, with Tom Young smashing 36 off only 15 balls, the visitors made 181 in their 20 overs.

Despite the daunting total, Yapham made a spirited response, aided by some missed chances.

Jack Holman (71) rode his luck and was well supported by Steve Duncan (32) and Carl Brewer (32). They were well in the hunt until Dan Ellwood (4-47) produced a penetrating tight spell at the death. Yapham ended 18 short.

The division two match between Tang Hall Tigers and Aviva ended in controversy when the teams were not able to agree the score at the conclusion of play as required by Law 2.15. This matter will need to be resolved by the league administration. In the meantime no points have been awarded.

Elsewhere, Middleton & North Dalton totalled 126-5 against Bishop Wilton, with Tom Walgate scoring 50.

Then teenagers Laura Conner and Jack Riby, plus Jack Brigham, restricted Bishops to 80-4, a late flurry from veteran Mike Newhouse (20no) and Leigh Johnson being too little too late.

Young Dunnington Academy and Woodhouse Grange Academy sides faced off at Dunnington.

Fifteen-year-old Arlo Miller (67) top scored for Woodhouse in a total of 118–5 while Max Wilson took 2-20. Dunnington found the excellent Woodhouse bowling and ground fielding too much to handle and were bowled out for 67, opener James Crichton contributing 28.

Division three leaders Thixendale secured their eighth straight win and now only need only two points from their last four games to secure promotion.

Vvisitors Heworth Colts were bowled out for 90 and the home side knocked them off with five wickets to spare.

Pocklington stayed six points ahead of Westow in the race for the second promotion spot after both won.

Pock bowled visitors Heslington out for 108, which was well below par for their ground, and the hosts knocked off the runs for just three wickets with Dan Croft ending 69 not out.

Westow hit a massive 255 to beat Stillingfleet by 60 runs.

Division four leaders Londesborough Park had a comfortable win over Stockton & Hopgrove.

Park scored 154-1 through Lucas Stephenson (62no), Michael Drewery (44no) and James Beevers (44).

The in-form Jamie Kerison (56) hit his third successive half-century in reply but, otherwise, Stockton's batsmen could not keep up with the required rate and fell short by 37 runs.

It was an expensive evening at Copmanthorpe where seven balls were lost onto and over the adjoining railway line.

Visitors Stamford Bridge made 178-3 with opener Ollie Pimlott, having survived a chance behind off the first ball, making 46. James Patrick (34), Martyn Woodliffe (33no), Liam Easton (29) and Taylor Stanton (23) all chipped in with worthwhile scores.

In reply, Matthew Morton led the way with 55 and, after he departed, Matthew Clapperton (67no) kept one end going allowing Rob Rolls (36) the freedom to indulge in some powerful hitting which saw 52 run scored in just three overs. Cop got home with nine balls to spare.