MARK Holmes cracked 48 runs as Bubwith put clear daylight between themselves and the Foss Evening Cricket League division one chasing pack by beating one of their nearest rivals Osbaldwick.

The leaders opened up a six-point gap at the top by winning at The Leyes by seven runs.

Bubwith had found themselves 29-2 after seven overs in the face of some good bowling by Tom Young and Alex Rippon.

But the wickets brought Holmes and Elliott Precious (24) to the crease and they batted well to lead their team to 115-5.

Holmes hit a few sixes before he was bowled by Andy Horner (2-23).

In reply, Osbaldwick’s batsmen also found runs hard to come by early on.

Superb bowling from Freddie Collins (3-24) and Precious (2-8) applied pressure but James Hattee (60) kept Osso in the game until he was run out in the penultimate over.

Woodhouse Grange posted a competitive 146-3 from their 18 overs against York with captain Chris Suddaby and Jonty Atkinson scoring 44 and 47 respectively.

Kalum Ahmed bowled well for York, before Charlie Elliott bolstered the reply with an unbeaten 51.

But he lacked support and the Clifton Park visitors were bowled out for 105, with John Gilbank taking a hat-trick in his 3-11.

Dunnington Academy came out of the blocks flying against Wellington with Josh Tattersall (89 no) and Jay Snowden (60 no) inflicting some real damage.

Snowden clattered his first five deliveries to the boundary in a blistering 21-ball innings.

Tattersall, meanwhile, smashed two sixes and 11 fours to help Dunnington reach a massive 192-2 off 20 overs.

Wellington’s response started brightly with Buddhi Mirando and Rich Exley putting on 49.

But Mirando was stumped by Jonny Andrew one run short of his half-century and, although Salman Syed (31) pushed the score along, six wickets fell for the addition of 38 as Wellington closed on 125-7.

Newcomer Dom Burnett made an instant impact for Dunnington by opening with a double-wicket maiden on his way to 3-8.

Luke Kilby also picked up a couple of wickets.

Jack Holman (41) and Rich Boddy (21 no) held Yapham’s innings together against Heworth at Elm Park Way.

Good slow bowling from Sam Lingard and Rob Carlill ensured the visitors closed on 93-8.

Heworth’s innings started badly as they lost six wickets in the first eight overs, due to some inspired bowling from Jed Vale (4-15).

However, Tom Neal (30), Lingard (25) and Phil Holland (21 no) saw the hosts home with two wickets to spare.

In division two, Middleton & North Dalton’s opening pair overpowered Woodhouse Grange Academy to cement their side’s position at the top of the table.

Ricky Woodmansey (84 no) played some expansive strokes all around the ground, while Shaun Tait finished on 42 in a 15-over unbroken stand of 132.

Earlier, the Academy had totalled a respectable 129-5.

Laura Conner and Jack Riby stifled the Woodhouse start before spinner Mike Anderson (2-21) also bowled a tidy spell.

Woodhouse then added late runs through skipper Chris Bilton’s quickfire 49 not out, supported by Harry Cooper (27).

A brutal opening knock of 76 by Qudrat Azizi and a composed 31 by debutant Kahlil ur Rehman propelled Aviva Vikings to 172-5 against Barmby Moor.

Andy Mudd took 4-28 for Moor whose Dan Simpson (59) and Tom Stubley (54) moved their side to within touching distance of victory.

Some exceptional bowling left Moor requiring 13 runs to win off the last over and Vikings hung on to win by one run.

Bishop Wilton started their innings badly against Dunnington Colts, as James Crichton took 3-10 in his first four overs.

After being 19-5, Wilton were then indebted to hard hitting from young Billy Spruyt (40) and Steve Hutchinson (26) to total 117.

Crichton finished with 3-15, Harry Griffith 2-6 and Max Wilson 2-20.

With the bat, Dunnington really went for it and, with a mixture of fine shots and good fortune, reached their target in 16 overs for six wickets lost.

Crichton (44) and Harry Paver (38) withstood some lively fast bowling from Tom Kirby, while Mike Newhouse and Lee Johnson took two wickets each.

Tang Hall Tigers’ game against Hemingbrough was postponed as the latter have withdrawn from the league due to player shortage.

In division three, Heworth Colts got off to a flying start at Westow courtesy of opener Jack Wilkinson (46) and Will Etty (31), as they reached 80-1 off the first eight overs.

Westow clawed their way back into the game with spinner Jacob Stephenson taking 2-16 from four overs.

Ryan Whitley went on to score 22, but Kristian Pickering (3-24) helped bowl Colts out for 155.

In response, Stephenson fell to Etty second ball of the innings and Ben Morritt also removed Nathan Pratt in the second over, with Matthew Shipley (22) the only notable scorer as Westow subsided to 65 all out.

Ollie Batt finished with 3-16 while Etty, Morritt and Joel Johnson took two wickets apiece.

Despite some fine pace bowling by Heslington’s Colin Heath, Ovington accumulated runs at a reasonable rate before Joe Whale (27) was stumped by wicketkeeper Iain Tessier.

Stefan Littlewood continued to drive the visitors forward before being caught on 33 by Pankaj Saini off the bowling of James Reynolds (3-9), before the visitors finished on 132-7 from 18 overs.

Benji Busby finished unbeaten on 18, while 13-year-old Finlay Black picked up 2-13, representing his first wickets in senior cricket.

His team-mate Reynolds (22) was then caught well on the boundary by Joe Browning off the bowling of Andy Hockenhall.

Saini, ably supported by Will Phelps (31), subsequently proved to be the difference between the teams, hitting a fine 75 not out and sealing victory in the last over of the game with a six.

In division four, Londesborough Park proved too strong for visitors Copmanthorpe, for whom only Phil Daneshyar, with 45, provided any resistance with none of his team-mates mustering double figures.

Matt Ware (3-18) and Scott Hardwick (3-15) were the main tormentors as Copmanthorpe finished on 97-8, with 83-year-old Geoff Deighton resolutely holding out to ensure they were not completely skittled.

Park reaching their target in 10.5 overs with Lucas Stephenson (39) setting the tone by hitting his first ball for six.

He was bowled by Matt Limbert, but that was the only wicket to fall as Michael Drewery (36 no) eased Park to victory.

Stockton & Hopgrove captain Jamie Kerrison led from the front as he hit 62 not out from 52 balls against Stamford Bridge.

His innings, including six fours and two sixes, was supported by Phil Herridge (20 no) as their team managed 107-1, despite Tom Fitzgerald and Martyn Woodliffe bowling economical spells.

Ollie Pimlott (41) and Woodliffe (26) saw Bridge knock the runs off in the 14th over, though, for the loss of three wickets.

Stockton’s most successful bowler was Kalum Perera (2-25).