Division one

BUBWITH maintained their winning start to the Foss Evening Cricket League division one season by beating a youthful Woodhouse Grange.

Woodhouse were indebted to Matty Ainley's knock of 67 for their 112-4 from 18 overs. Ainley was eventually run out by Freddie Collins.

Bubwith’s reply was kickstarted by Collins (27) and Wes Pears (25) before 15-year-old Josh Matthews and Michael Gilbank (3-18) pegged them back.

Elliott Precious (32) then took Bubwith to victory by three wickets with seven balls remaining.

Batsmen dominated in the Wellington versus Heworth game with more than 300 runs scored.

Champions Heworth made 170-6 with opener Kewell Ford hitting a quickfire 24 followed by 34 by Sam Lingard, on his Foss debut, and 26 by Will Rymer. Graham Byrne took 3-39.

Sal Syed (59no) led Wellington’s response with his third successive half-century but, although Richard Exley made 51, they fell short on 132-1.

Osbaldwick started brightly against York with Matt Hattee (36) and Lewis Sansome getting 50 on the board by the fifth over.

After they departed, the run-rate slowed until James Hattee struck four sixes on his way to an undefeated 66. Aided by Matt Senior (30), Osbaldwick finished on 156-3.

York appeared to be cruising thanks to Matthew Hodsdon (66) and Hussain Ahmed (48no) until some tight middle overs by Alex Rippon.

More economical bowling by young Jimmy Jacques turned the game Osso's way and Dan Ellwood sealed a nine-run win by picking up two wickets in the last over.

Dunnington Academy recovered from 33-4 after seven overs to beat Yapham, who had made 106-2 thanks to Jack Holman’s unbeaten 62.

John Flint (4-14) grabbed early wickets to put Yapham in the driving seat but Jay Snowden (23no) and Josh Archer, who hit three sixes and seven fours in an unbeaten 60, saw the Academy home in 13.4 overs

Division two

MIDDLETON & North Dalton maintained their unbeaten start to the division two season with victory over a spirited Tang Hall Tigers.

After being dropped early on, opener Ricky Woodmansey’s 49 held the M&ND innings together before Sam Ullyott (29) struck big blows towards the end to boost the total to 120-6. Woodmansey fell to Steven Tait (3-25).

Tang Hall’s batters came out all guns blazing with Sam Smith on the attack. However regular wickets pegged them back, with Mark Clarkson taking 3-12 to ensure Dalton were always in control despite a late fightback by Garry Chadwick (19).

Nine-man Hemingbrough were trounced by 10 wickets by Woodhouse Grange Academy.

The visitors were skittled for 49 in 11.1 overs, Sam Tennant (3-17) leading the way with youngsters Holly Cooper, Harry Jackson and Lewis Ainley getting in on the act. Opening pair Tom Burdett (35no) and Arlo Miller (10no) sped Grange to victory.

Dunnington Colts lost to a more experienced Barmby Moor side by six wickets.

The Colts slid to 14-6 against excellent bowling by Dan Simpson and Nathan Saltmer before James Crichton (49no) led a recovery which took them to 88-9.

Barmby Moor’s Saltmer made an unbeaten 42 to see his side to a straightforward win, leg-spinner Ed Millington taking two of the four wickets to fall.

Aviva Vikings saw off an inexperienced Bishop Wilton team.

Aviva were all out for 132 with opener Gul Fida Hussain (72no) enjoying a half-century partnership with Sohail Akram (25). No other batsmen made double figures as Mike Newhouse (5-27) ran through the middle order.

Bishop Wilton’s reply faltered from the start in the face of excellent bowling from spinner Khanu Charan Pattnayak, who took a wicket with his first delivery and ended with 5-15 from four overs.

With debutant Imran Hussain taking 4-5, the villagers were bowled out for 59.

Division three

POCKLINGTON batted first at Heworth Colts and started strongly with James Fletcher scoring a quick-fire 46.

Owen Harrison dragged it back for Heworth with 2-15 off three overs. Ben Shingles hit a rapid 38 and some lower-order slogging pushed Pock up to 134-6, Will Etty taking 2-15.

Heworth always struggled to keep up with the run rate, finishing on 97-5, Will Etty (38) and Joel Johnson (23no) scoring the bulk of the runs.

Two runs off the final ball secured a three-wicket victory for Ovington against Stillingfleet.

Opener Phil Johnson (47) and Phil Corfield (51) got Stillingfleet off to a strong start, building a partnership of 92 before Johnson was run out. Corfield secured his half-century, which included five fours and a six, before being bowled by Ben Busby in the 13th over.

Fleet finished on 160-3, Chris Walker remaining unbeaten on 25.

Stefan Littlewood struck three sixes – his only scoring strokes – off Matt Walker to get Ovington’s reply motoring. Pete Kelly and Tom Armes added 57 before Armes was run out on 33.

Sam Dixon (19) joined Kelly but wickets fell in quick succession as Matt Walker (2-28) and Chris Walker (2-38) kept Stillingfleet in the hunt. Kelly secured victory for Ovington, hitting the winning runs off the final ball to finish unbeaten on 79.

Heslington Centurions scored 129 -6 off their 20 overs with Iain Tessier top scoring with 54 not out supported by Simon Dwyer (34) and Dave Scott (20). The pick of a good Thixendale attack were Ben Jackson (3-9) and Ben Brown (2-17).

A couple of early Colin Heath wickets, including Joe Robinson first ball, and a good run-out by Dwyer to remove Alex Machen, had Thixendale three down.

However, Jackson (42no) and vice-captain Will Meginnson (39no) saw them home with six overs remaining.

Division four

BOLTON Percy and Stamford Bridge fought out a thrilling tie at Low Catton Road.

BP captain Tom Atkinson thrashed 61 off 39 balls including eight fours and one maximum. However, his side were restricted to 124-6 thanks to some great bowling from leg-spinner Charlie Wilson whose 4-23 were all stumpings by wicketkeeper Graham Freer.

Ollie Pimlott (46) led the Stamford reply, supported by a run-a-ball unbeaten 41 from Andrew Healey, while Eddy Noble shone with the ball.

With 12 needed from the final over the game was in the balance. A six first ball off the bowling of Sammy Clews swung the game Bridge’s way but Clews hit back and two were required for victory from the last ball - Bridge managing a leg bye to leave the scores tied.

Josh Taylor took a hat-trick in Londesborough Park’s 10-wicket romp against Aviva Vikings II.

He finished with 4-4 and Mike Drewery took 2-4 as Aviva were dismissed for 62 in nine overs. The result was never in doubt as Lucas Stephenson’s 49 not out saw Park cruise home.