COPMANTHORPE spared themselves from relegation from the York Minster Engineering League premier division thanks to a 3-3 midweek draw at Dunnington.

The result means either Sporting Knavesmire or Malton & Norton will be in line for the drop alongside York RI. M&N currently occupy second-bottom slot but are only one point behind Knavesmire with three games left compared to their rivals' one. The two teams meet in a potential relegation decider on May 12. 

That said, league chiefs have confirmed there may yet be only one relegation place in the premier division.

Pocklington Town 2nds, who will finish second in division one, cannot be promoted because their first team are already at Step 7 in the non-League pyramid, playing in the Humber Premier League.

A ballot at the league's annual general meeting will decide if the second-bottom team in the premier division or Kirkbymoorside, who will finish third in division one, will play in the top flight next term.

Jacob Hall, Daniel Barrett and Joshua Cryer got the goals for fourth-placed Dunnington.

Poppleton United, also now safe from the drop, drew 2-2 with Huntington Rovers thanks to goals by Robert Forrester and man-of-the-match Luke Wilkinson. James Edmond and Jack Leeming netted for Rovers who remain third.

Hemingbrough had Craig Roden sent off in their game at Tadcaster Magnets but won 2-0 thanks to a double by Nathan Parker.

Old Malton St Mary's, guaranteed to finish as runners-up to Wigginton Grasshoppers, hammered bottom team York RI 6-0 thanks to a hat-trick by Joshua Bown plus strikes by Steve Baxter, Simon Cooke and Ryan Boyd.

There was a midweek goal fest in division one as Tockwith beat Riccall 7-5, while third-bottom Harrison Signs beat basement side Wilberfoss 3-1 thanks to strikes by Adam Osguthorpe, Mark Benton and James Allerton.

Heworth sealed runners-up spot in division two with a 2-1 win over Stamford Bridge, John Moore and Daniel Marshall their marksmen, while division three winners Malt Shovel finished with a 3-2 win at Rufforth, for whom Thomas Lang and Danny Cates scored.