WIGGINTON Grasshoppers and Old Malton St Mary’s set up a York Minster Engineering League premier division title showdown at Mill Lane on Saturday, after both clubs recorded wins against Poppleton-based sides.

Wigginton remain in pole position following a 3-0 triumph at Sporting Knavesmire.

Two unrelated Claphams combined for the first goal, with Eddy heading home Harry’s cross after just eight minutes. The reliable partnership of Gary Newton and Neale Holmes combined for the second with Newton teeing up his midfield partner who fired home from ten yards.

Holmes then turned provider in the second half, providing a pinpoint corner which allowed Jordan Holt to produce a fine looping header to seal the points.

Old Malton St Mary’s hosted their scheduled away fixture against Poppleton United and made home advantage count, recording a 5-2 success. Will Edmond and Reece Holmes netted for Poppleton.

F1 Racing twice came from behind to secure a 2-2 draw in their game with Dunnington. Tom Anderson and Dan Barrett had twice given the home side the advantage but a Chris Dempsey strike and a fine solo effort from Dan Hickey gave F1 a well-deserved point.

Dan Davison, Isaac Clark and Danny Penrose were the Osbaldwick marksmen as they defeated York RI 3-0.

Tadcaster Magnets continued their recent revival to pull clear of the drop zone, goals from Blaine Kellett and Thomas Franklin steering them to a 2-0 success over a depleted Huntington Rovers side.

Scott Preston gave Malton & Norton a 40th minute lead against Church Fenton but the visitors levelled on the stroke of half time. Fenton scored a late goal to steal the points as the hosts pushed forward to try to get a late winner themselves.

In the tier below, Kirkbymoorside's premier league promotion charge stuttered a little after they were held to a 3-3 draw at Tockwith.

Despite goals from Matthew Butler, Keenan Simpson and Ben Teasdale, Kirkby found themselves level at the end of play and now find Rawcliffe only a point behind them in fourth position with a game in hand, following their 6-2 victory over Riccall United.

Dale Holding and Niall Smallwood both hit braces for Rawcliffe, with Dave Hartas and Danny Coulson also weighing in with goals.

Meanwhile, Thorpe United, who are already promoted, were held 1-1 at Easingwold Town, for whom Gavin Macek scored.

Haxby Town, who won promotion to division one the previous weekend, found themselves suffering a hangover as Heworth put themselves in the driving seat for the second promotion spot. Ash Hope (2) and Dan Marshall struck for Heworth, who now need to win their last game to guarantee second tier football next season.

Liam Booth hit four goals and Robin Walker one, to give Barmby Moor a 5-4 triumph at Bishopthorpe United.

Malt Shovel, who are still undefeated in division three, secured promotion with a convincing 8-1 win at Cawood, for whom Will Atton hit a consolation.

Patryk Zimer was on target for Moor Lane, but they were overpowered by Rufforth United who ran out 10-1 victors. Lee Dutton (4), Danny Cates (2), James Ford (2), Callum Pattinson and Adam Brooke netted for the visitors.

Division four champions Clifford rounded off their season in style with a 5-3 win over Huntington FC.

Wheldrake, who lie bottom of the league, enjoyed a rare win, defeating LNER Builders 5-0. James Smith hit a hat-trick in the win with Harry Bedford and Steven McLean also finding the mark.

With Reserve A leaders Wigginton Grasshoppers on a free week, the second and third placed teams met, and gained a point apiece in the title race after a 1-1 draw.

Kieran Flanagan gave Huntington Rovers an early lead from the penalty spot but Jack Holman cancelled out the goal just before the break.

Fourth-placed Old Malton St Mary's were defeated 2-1 by Dunnington. Roberto Rubira and Brad Burley netted for the winning side.

Lee Atkinson hit the target for Copmanthorpe but they were defeated 2-1 by Easingwold and now find themselves adrift at the bottom of the division. Thorpe United put six past Malton & Norton without reply.

Charlie Brookes, Tom Kirby and Joshua Molesworth fired Poppleton United to a 3-1 success over Tockwith, a win that guarantees their side promotion to Reserve A.

Dave Thompson hit a hat-trick for Haxby Town in a 5-0 victory over Heworth. Tom Kilvington and Ben Drummond also worked their way onto the scoresheet.

Alex Day, Rich Hunter and Jacob Green netted for Harrison Signs in a 3-2 triumph over Dringhouses. Tom Hawksby and Nick Hutton replied.

Malt Shovel and Wilberfoss both won promotion to Reserve B in style. Shovel defeated Rufforth United 7-0 while Wilberfoss put 12 past York RI without response.

Dan Gibney and Daniel Harvey both collected hat-tricks in the win. Michael Smith, Gareth Owen and Josh Temple struck for Stamford Bridge in a 3-0 success at Fulford.