THE top two in the York Minster Engineering League premier division both recorded 2-0 wins to maintain the status quo in the title race.

Goals at either end of the second half from Matthew Tiplady and Pat Evans gave Wigginton Grasshoppers the points at home to Copmanthorpe, with the league leaders failing to convert two further chances from the penalty spot - one hit wide and one saved fantastically by Adam Wilson.

Old Malton St Mary's achieved the same result against Poppleton United after a brace from Marcus Godsell, taking his total to 33 goals for the season.

Wigginton remain 20 points ahead at the summit but with Saints having six games in hand.

These were two of only four top-tier fixtures to survive the weather on Saturday as the league programme was decimated again by the after-effects of rain and snow.

A dominant performance saw fifth-placed F1 Racing continue their good run, hammering York RI 14-0.

Chris Dempsey led the way with five goals backed by Dan Hickey, who hit a hat-trick. Alex Martin (2), Toby Fisher, George Trifan, Chris Smith and Jason McCloud also made the scoresheet.

Josh Tinker gave Church Fenton the lead at home to Dunnington, but a late strike from substitute Tom Richards earned the visitors a point.

The top three in division one all enjoyed victories as the promotion race warmed up.

Leaders Thorpe United maintained their 12-point lead over Kirkbymoorside with an emphatic 9-0 win against Wilberfoss.

James Barrett hit four, with Ryan Hughes (2), Adam Tessyman, Jordan Leybourn and Paul Moran also finding the target.

Second-placed Kirkbymoorside, who have three games in hand over Thorpe, needed keeper Adam Magson to be at his best to deny Brooklyn from taking the lead in the first half of their Ryedale derby.

The second period saw both teams continue to work hard and create chances - but it took until the last five minutes for the deadlock to finally be broken.

A deep right-sided set piece was picked up by Keelan Simpson, who executed a pinpoint cross to allow Matty Blower to head home and claim the points for the title-chasing Moorsiders.

Lee Johnson struck for Easingwold at Pocklington Town but his goal could not stop the third-placed team from recording a 4-1 success.

The highlight of Heworth's game with Bishopthorpe United - the only match in division two - was a 30-yard screamer from Callum Hannigan.

Dan Marshall, John Moore and Jamie Kirby also struck in a 4-0 triumph.

Heworth now lie 10 points behind leaders Haxby Town with three games in hand.

No matches went ahead in division three, division four or reserve 'A'.

Jericho Keys bagged a brace for Heworth in reserve 'B' but they lost 3-2 to Haxby Town. Jordan Ashby, Kyle Varley and James Gilbertson netted for the hosts.

Reserve 'C's only game saw Phil Martin hit a consolation for Rufforth United in a 5-1 defeat at Stamford Bridge, while LNER Builders and Swinton played out a 1-1 draw in the division four supplementary competition.