FIREFIGHTERS were called to blaze at the residential property in the early hours of today.

Crews from Helmsley, Thirsk and Northallerton received the call-out at 3.06am to attend the fire in the bathroom of the property in the village of Hawnby.

A spokesman for North Yorkshire Fire Service said: "Crews extinguished the fire using four breathing apparatus and two hose reel jets.

"The fire caused 10 per cent fire damage and 80 smoke damage to the bathroom. Crews ventilated the property and gave advice to the homeowners.

"The cause of the fire was believed to be due to an electrical fault with a heated towel rail."