Fire crews were called to reports of a garage on fire at a property off Firthland Road in Pickering at 1.07pm today (Thursday).

The incident involved a tumble dryer which is believed to have overheated and was destroyed by fire along with the contents of the garage.

The fire was out upon the arrival of the crews from Pickering and Kirkbymoorside after local residents assisted. Fire crews checked for any fire spread and inspected using a thermal imaging camera and one hose reel for damping down.