ALL Saints School missed out on reaching the Northern final of the Coca-Cola English Schools U13s Cup by the narrowest of margins as they lost 2-1 to Conyers School from Yarm.

The York team dominated the early stages with a pass-and-move mentality that reduced the threat of Conyers and made their pressure count as they forced a corner and Alex Brent crashed the ball in off the underside of the bar.

But an immediate equaliser took the wind out of the All Saints sails and they found themselves 2-1 down with 15 minutes to go.

All Saints responded by besieging their opponents but were kept out by their keeper to miss out on a final against Archbishop Beck RC High School from Liverpool at Burnley FC on May 5.

All Saints have a chance to bounce back straight away in the York Schools FA U13 Cup final tonight at the York City training ground on Wigginton Road against Tadcaster Grammar, kick off 5.45pm.

Two other finals are also taking place at the same venue today - U12s play-off final Archbishop Holgate v Fulford (4.30pm), U15s Sherburn High School v Manor (7pm).

Archbishop Holgate's School and Millthorpe will share the York Schools FA U12s trophy after drawing 1-1 at KitKat Crescent on Monday.

Canon Lee swept to the U14s title with a 5-0 win over Archbishop Holgate's.

Poppleton Ousebank finished top of the primary school footballing tree on Monday after beating Dunnington 1-0 in the York Schools FA under-11 cup final.

Dunnington had booked a place in the final with a 1-0 defeat of Ralph Butterfield, with Poppleton scoring the same against Clifton Without to meet them, the Clifton school finishing third overall after scoring a single goal in the play-off against Ralph Butterfield.

All eyes are now on who will win the seven primary leagues to book a place in the Champions League day on May 7.

Two unanswered strikes gave York Schoolboys Under-12s a winning end to their season at Wakefield.

York dominated from the start and took the lead with a long range shot from Dominic Conricode before Tom Richardson had one disallowed direct from a corner as the referee blew for half time.

Excellent defending by Will Pepper and John Kilmartin kept Wakefield at bay and Matthew Dale had a York goal disallowed but the possession eventually paid off with James Edmond polishing off a chance from close range.

Updated: 10:49 Wednesday, April 27, 2005