A MAN was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at a bungalow in York.

Fire crews received a call about a fire in a bedroom of a bungalow off Green Lane in Acomb at about 9.35am today (July 20).

A spokesperson for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said: "One male suffered smoke inhalation and was taken to hospital as a precaution."

Crews tackled the fire using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel, a thermal imaging camera and a positive pressure ventilation fan.