A SHED was destroyed in a fire in York.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service were called to a house in Huntington at about 9.15pm on Saturday, to reports of a fire at the rear of a property.

York Press:

One fire crew attended, and found the fire had spread from the shed to nearby fencing.

A spokesman said: "The fire caused 100 per cent fire damage to the shed and approximately eight metres of fencing.

"Crews used 2 hose reel jets, lighting, thermal imaging camera, ceiling hook and triple extension ladder to extinguish the fire. The cause of the fire is believed to be due to an electrical fault."

Nobody was injured.