YORK equalled a club record of 11 straight wins at the start of a season following their 65-12 home victory over neighbours Selby.

John Dawes and Toby Atkin both crossed the line twice for the rampant Clifton Park outfit, while Simon Webster, George Davies, Will Atkin, Luke Stockton, Lewis Hannibal, Josh Parker and Liam Hessay added further tries.

Five conversions were also kicked by Dawes to complete the scoresheet.

York’s 100 per cent start to the Yorkshire One league campaign after ten fixtures keeps them nine points clear of nearest rivals Scarborough and a place in the history books has been secured with last month’s 98-7 RFU Intermediate Cup mauling of Medicals complementing that sequence.

In contrast, Selby are enduring a difficult campaign and are bottom of the table with just one league win to their name.

Ashton Dallimore provided the only resistance against York by contributing all of the visitors’ points.

In excellent conditions with no rain, only a light breeze and a little winter sun, York were quickly in the ascendancy as a penalty provided them with an attacking line-out and hooker Webster finished an effective drive, with Dawes kicking the extras.

The hosts’ attacking ball retention then earned an un-converted try for winger Davies and, on the opposite flank a few minutes later, Shane Goulding passed to Dawes who fed Will Atkin to show good balance and run 50 metres before touching down.

Dawes converted and the early tries had reflected an organised York attack that make good decisions and involved everyone.

Selby replied with winger Dallimore scoring in the corner after some persistent attacking.

By half-time, though, York had pulled away to 24-5 by showing a variety in attack, with scrum-half Toby Atkin and prop Steve Johnson making metres in tight areas, leading to fly-half Hessay releasing Dawes for York’s bonus-point try.

In response, the away team almost grabbed another try going into the break, but a forward-pass infringement was adjudged to have been committed.

The scoreline began to widen with four swift tries after the restart.

Second-row Stockton set the ball rolling by running in from 50 metres.

Dawes then crossed the line after accurate York passing and his effort was quickly followed by a great burst from Hannibal, who scored in the corner.

Toby Atkin went on to claim his second try of the afternoon when he took a pass from Davies and forced his way over the line despite the attention of a Selby defender.

There was a little more consolation for the away team when Dallimore replied with another try that he converted himself.

But Parker, who had come on at half-time for the injured Ross White at number eight, hit back after picking up the ball at the rear of a powerful York scrum and showing good strength to score.

Hessay also picked up a misplaced Selby pass and charged over from half-way to score, while Toby Atkin took a pass from replacement Ryan Gallacher to touch down under the posts, with Dawes converting to wrap up a comprehensive victory.