A RAPIST who treated an underage girl "as a rag doll" in a city centre restaurant's toilets has been jailed for 11 years.

Jurors heard Daniel Lee Cameron Bostock, 26, silenced the girl with a death threat when someone came into the toilets while he was raping her.

They convicted him of three charges of raping the girl, the second time in a year a jury had convicted him of sexual offences.

In April a jury at Teesside Crown Court convicted him of sexually assaulting a 13-year-old girl. He had denied the charge. All the offences occurred in York city centre.

Jailing him for the rapes at Leeds Crown Court, Recorder Bryan Cox QC said he had “opportunistically” taken advantage of the girl’s condition knowing that she had been drinking and taking drugs.

He said she regularly took drugs and drank alcohol with friends which were sometimes provided by “older men such as yourself.”

Bostock had pulled her into a cubicle in the toilets where he raped her.

“She made it plain she did not want to engage in sexual intercourse," the judge said. "She physically resisted you but was unable to stop you.

“You effectively treated her as a rag doll for your own gratification.”

Bostock, 26, formerly of Lowfield Drive, Acomb, York, was jailed for 11 years and was ordered to register as a sex offender for life.

Temporary Detective Sergeant Elaine Arnott of North Yorkshire Police, who led the investigation, said: “The verdict and sentence sends a clear message that rape and child sexual exploitation is a despicable crime that will be punished.

“The victim has shown tremendous courage throughout the investigation and trial. With continued support, she can look to the future knowing that justice has been served.”

Bostock was already serving 18 months for the sexual assault on the 13-year-old girl which was committed after police served him with a child abduction notice forbidding him to go near her.

Recorder Cox said it was clear Bostock was sexually attracted to teenage girls.

Louise Reevell prosecuting told the jury in the rape trial that the complainant did not report what Bostock had done to her until 2016 saying at the time she had “locked” it all up inside her.

In a police video played to the jury, she said initially she had struggled but “after about five minutes I didn’t have the energy to fight him off because of what I had been taking.”

“I tried to push him away but I couldn’t overpower him.

“I was saying 'stop, no'. He just wouldn’t listen. I had no fight left in me.”

She said at one stage someone came into the toilets and Bostock put his hand across her throat. “He said if I made a noise he would make sure I wasn’t breathing.”

She said afterwards she felt disgusted and did not want to let anyone get close to her.