CITY OF YORK COUNCIL TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONSNotice ID: BR3362515
CITY OF YORK COUNCIL TEMPORARY TRAFFIC RESTRICTIONS
Notice is hereby given that City of York Council (the Council), in exercise of powers under Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (the Act), made an Order on the 4th day of January 2018 in respect of the location numbered (1). Additionally, the Council, not less than 7 days from the publication of this Notice, intends to make an Order under Section 14(1) of the Act in respect of the location numbered (2), (3) and (4).
(1) ST SAVIOURGATE, YORK This Order prohibits vehicles from proceeding and waiting in St Saviourgate, York between its junction with Hungate and Whip-ma-whop-ma-gate (closed road) during a period commencing at 0001hrs on 8th day of January 2018 and ending at 2400hrs on 5th day of February 2018 (works period) or at a time and date when high voltage cable connection works and highway reconstruction works being undertaken thereon have been completed whichever is the earlier. This is to ensure that the said works can be carried out safely. Additionally, the 'ONE WAY' direction of traffic flow in St Saviourgate is suspended during the period of physical closure to allow two-way traffic flow in the said road when the closure is put into effect. A 'No Entry' Restriction will be put into effect at the following junctions:
* Garden Place at its junction with Carmelite Street
* Hungate at its junction with The Stonebow
During the works period a temporary Taxi Rank (for 12 cars) will operate from the south western side of Garden Place, York. The head of the rank will be situated on the south western side of Garden Place, between points 7 metres and 70 metres north west from the south eastern property boundary line of Telephone Exchange, thereby temporary revoking the 'No Waiting at any Time' and Loading ban restrictions from within that length. No alternative route for the diverted traffic will be signed during the works period.
(2) AVON DRIVE, HUNTINGTON This Order will prohibit vehicles from proceeding and waiting in Avon Drive, Huntington (closed road) during the period commencing at 0900hrs on the 16th day of January 2018 and ending at 2400hrs on the 17th day of January 2018 (works period) or at time when electrical connection works being undertaken thereon have been completed whichever is the earlier. This is to ensure that the said works can be carried out safely. No alternative route for diverted traffic will be available during the works period.
(3) PATRICK POOL, YORK This Order will prohibit vehicles from proceeding and waiting in Patrick Pool, York (closed road) during the period commencing at 0800hrs on the 15th day of January 2018 and ending at 2400hrs on the 19th day of January 2018 (works period) or at time when electrical disconnection works being undertaken thereon have been completed whichever is the earlier. This is to ensure that the said works can be carried out safely. No alternative route for diverted traffic will be available during the works period.
(4) VARIOUS ROADS, YORK This Order in respect of all roads within the City of York to enable the Council to fulfil its statutory duties under Section 89(1) and (2) of the Environment Protection Act 1990 relating to litter control and street cleaning. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit, where necessary, vehicles from waiting at any time in the whole or in any length of a road within the jurisdiction of the Council (restricted road) between such times and on such dates as shall be determined by the Council in order to safely and effectively carry out litter control and street cleaning, such times and dates to be notified in writing to occupiers of premises adjacent to those restricted roads not less than 48 hours before the said prohibition comes into effect and by Notices displayed on-street within the restricted roads not less than 24 hours before the prohibition comes into effect. The Order will not apply to waiting by emergency vehicles in an emergency nor to vehicles being used for undertaking street works. The Order will, during its period of validity, enable the Council to carry out litter control and street cleaning works progressivelyon a street by street basis throughout its area of jurisdiction. The temporary prohibition of waiting will only be implemented in those instances where standing vehicles would otherwise obstruct the undertaking of those works and will be removed on their completion. It is intended that the Order will commence on 15th January 2018 and expire on 14th July 2019.
The above temporary Order will not prohibit works or emergency access nor will they prohibit access to premises provided that access is not prevented by on-going works or safety concerns. Traffic signs/barriers will indicate the extent of the prohibitions/restrictions.
For further information please contact email@example.com Director of Economy and Place West Offices, Station Rise, YORK YO1 6GA